1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update text problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkells, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jkells

jkells Lurker

I recently updated and now wish I hadn't. Since the update when I get a text my screen doesn't light up, the new messaging swipe on the lock screen is big and has since lost any sense of privacy by showing in big letters who just texted me. I changed it so it doesn't say who it is just that I have a text. Is there ANY way to go back to the previous version where it was just a little message circle and also read the text in the banner, which was way less intrusive and more private. :thinking::thinking:

Also, is there any way to take off autocorrect? If I type any "bad" word in, it changes it when I hit space. Really annoying, can't figure out how to change it.

Help!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. yuukei

yuukei Newbie

Messaging > Setting > Preview message <-- I've noticed that if you have that turned off, as in not wanting to see who texted you and have it show a preview of the received messages on your screen for privacy sake, your screen won't light up anymore when you receive a text, thus not allowing you to read the message in the upper banner, which is annoying lol.. I like the old version as well where it just shows a little bubble indicating how many new texts you have.

As for auto correct, you can go to .. settings > my device > language and input > samsung keyboard gear icon > turn off auto replacement and predictive text

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews