1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

update to 2.2 help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaosri, Feb 7, 2011.

1. kaosri

kaosri Lurker

Hey all,

I am attempting to update my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant to Froyo using Kies and am running in to all kinds of problems. I follow the exact instructions when it tells me there is an update available but when it gets to the Downloading part it errors and tells me I need to do an Emergency Firmware Recovery. However when I try to do this it refuses to detect that my phone is connected.

Any ideas? I really want to get my phone updated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Robinelli

Robinelli Android Enthusiast

Are you using an alternate launcher (like launcher pro)? YOu need to be on the orignal touchwiz launcher on the home page.

3. kaosri

kaosri Lurker

Yes, I'm still using the original launcher. I had someone on a local dealer's Facebook page tell me that I'd have to format my phone to do that. That seemed wrong to me that I'd have to format my phone every time a new update gets released. Any other thoughts?

Thanks so much for answering!

4. emoshurchak

emoshurchak Member

Sounds similar to my experience. Check it out... http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/268070-recovery-code.html

5. kaosri

kaosri Lurker

Definitely sounds similar, I've tried several times with no luck though. I'm going to try again next weekend when I've got time to sit on the phone with Samsung if it doesn't work.

Samsung Vibrant Forum

The Samsung Vibrant release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews