• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update to 2.3.3

cell2011

Android Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2011
charleston WV
Had the phone since it first came out and loved it until the new Android software came out. It sometimes will go back to previous screen when typing and hit the space bar as well as occasionally not show what you're typing but nothing big. What do i need to do? Do i need to update? And how do i do this link?

I went to verizon to check on this and they said it was a software issue with the Android system and this phone. Once the new update comes it should be fixed. Im not sure what im on i guess just out of the box. its stock the only updates i have received is the standard updates and the new android operating system...not sure what update that is on

Upvote 0
Ty i dont have the phone yet im buying it from someone and this is there observation of the phone ill know more tonight what version. It sounds like he tried to update to 2.3.3 and maybe it took it and maybe it didnt. Also he didnt even know what rooted means. So can this be fixed you think and should i have it factory restored when i bring it to Verizon and activate it? Its confirmed its never been rooted but why would the guy be having problems is it because it doeent have the update?

Upvote 0
my other question is why are you taking it to VZW to activate it. If you already have VZW you can do that yourself.

Tell you what. Get the phone in hand then come back to this thread and update us on what version its on.

2.3.3 doesn't really tell us what we need to know. There have been about 6 diff actual system builds of 2.3.3

yeah that was a funu 2 weeks, every other day was a new build.. ugh

once you get phone in hand, we can guide you to fix it, with the experts on this forum you are in good hands

Reactions: cell2011
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones