• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update to Bloo Facebook app...Works GREAT!

Quick question. Is there a way to set pics as profile pic with bloo? Or, do I have to do that with my computer?

I don't think it's possible currently. I've gone into my own FB profile pics within Bloo and used the menu key and tried long pressing- neither provides the option of using a photo as a profile pic.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's possible currently. I've gone into my own FB profile pics within Bloo and used the menu key and tried long pressing- neither provides the option of using a photo as a profile pic.

I tried the same thing, and it didn't work for me either. Can't wait until the dev makes an update for it. That's if it is even possible.

Upvote 0
anyone able to upload video? I get all the way through the upload and after it hits 100%...I get a very nondescript error. I sent the developer email but haven't heard anything back. There was an update today. I'm going to try again.

-e

EDIT: still doesnt work for me. "An error occured while processing your request"

EDIT2: ok I got it...you have to enable publishing before you upload a video

Upvote 0
They don't play on my phone through the native browser. I get a message saying, Video Unavailable- This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings. I am able to watch them from my computer though. Is there a setting I need to have enabled or something?

Did you use "full site" instead of "mobile site"? When you load facebook.com then scroll down all way, click "full site"..

Upvote 0
The biggest thing for me is notifications. With the native facebook app, it only refreshes every 30 minutes, and I've never gotten notifications to actually work. You can set bloo up to check for updates every 1,2,etc minutes.

It also has a much better interface, and has features that the native app can't touch (such as photo scrolling, and a much better streaming engine).

Wouldn't updating so often kill your battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones