1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Update to fix glitches from gingerbread?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylando808, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    as most of us know, when the Inspire got updated to Gingerbread (2.3.3) a couple months ago, the update came with a few bugs. (contacts not showing up in messaging, the dialer running in the foreground, GPS broken).
    it's been a while since i've kept up on these issues and they've been put at the back of my mind because they don't seem to directly impact performance of my phone (besides the dialer).
    so does anyone know if HTC/AT&T are planning to release a patch or some sort of update to address these issues soon?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I haven't read or heard about an update to fix the update. I did ask an att employee when i was at a corporate store and he played the "i don't know what you are talking about" game.

I haven't experienced any of the bug issues probably cause i use handcent over the stock app and my gps works.

3. kollarism

kollarism Member
    None

Aug 19, 2010

What GPS settings do you use? My GPS and Navigation never locks now?

4. 2manyPHONES

None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

I never had to fuss with gps settings mine just worked out the box. just turned it on and within 5-8 seconds it locked on to my location. I'm not rooted either.

Have you tried the gps test app from the market to find out how many satellites your phone is picking up?

5. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    I also spoken with a couple at&t reps and they've given me the same answer.

I haven't been using third party messaging apps lately so that probably explains why I'm seeing these issues.
    My gps works fine but my friends inspire cannot get a lock on his location since the update

6. 2manyPHONES

None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

I didn't even know there was a gps problem with the update. I have 3 inspires and they all have working gps guess I got lucky on that.

And when i was reading about the contact problem with texts i was like i don't have that problem but then realized it was with the stock text app having the issue and i haven't used that at all.

I think i saw someone else complain that their pics look grainy now after the update. I use vignette for my camera app and haven't noticed any graininess to my pics guess I'll fuss with the stock camera app and see if it's grainy that way

7. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    My GPS can be a bit fussy, but after installing GPS Status and letting it hunt for around 10-15 seconds, it locks. Sure, it is an extra step, but I can physically see how long it will take to lock by how many GPS sats. it sees.