• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root update to lollipop with root (G3 D850)

Did you install a custom recovery when you rooted?
If so you'll have to flash the stock one or reflash the whole phone.
Why not just wait until someone builds a rooted version of it that you can flash in recovery?
Should take days at the most
All those instructions I found online about flashing your phone were not for my D850 model, I didn't want to take any chances.

You really think that un a few days there Will be a rooted versión? Because if so I'll wait xD

Upvote 0
Agree with Mike and Funky, a stock rooted LP rom is eminent. I'd hang tight and wait for a few days and see if one pops up built upon the actual stock rom if that is your desire. For future reference, flashing a tot (if available) or a kdz using the 2014 kdz flash tool using 'cse flash' mode will also reset the root flag and allow OTA's to work. Don't do that however as there is no known root for LP and you'll end up reverting back to KK to root, rom and recovery. :D

If push comes to shove and nobody steps up to make a build, which they will, you can likely (with Bump) flash LP system, modem, boot from the otherwise KK bootstack and update that way. But don't sweat it, if it's just now rolling out it'll be a matter of days as Funky eluded to before a TWRP flashable rom is available to fill the void and make it much easier.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones