1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update to nougat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Abbyying, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Abbyying

Abbyying Lurker

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which is currently running on marshmallow. When I click on system updates it's giving me a bunch of smaller updates but not one to nougat. It seems like the phone is stuck on whatever update it had when it first came out. Do I have to download every update since 2015 before I can update it to nougat? Is there a way to go straight to the most current download version

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frosthax1

frosthax1 Android Enthusiast

Your carrier may or may not have done the update yet.its up to the carriers usually.i know the note 5 has been updated end of may but that started in Europe.tmobiles also got the update.unsure about the other carriers though.you can try connecting to wifi to see if it pops up faster.that's usually recommended anyways as its a huge update.i know with metro pcs i waited months after until it showed on my lg stylo 2 plus.good luck.hope all gets sorted

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Over the air updates are not usually full firmware downloads, but patches that update part of the system. Therefore you do have to install them in order, since each is designed to update starting from the previous one.

To jump directly you need to completely reflash the firmware (i.e. overwrite everything). You can find complete firmware files at sammobile.com. You will need to know your exact model number (not just "Note 5"), and you'll need a PC to perform the update and some software (I think Odin rather than Kies, but am not a Samsung expert) - if the site doesn't tell you, someone here will know.

I'd back up before doing this.

frosthax1 likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Abbying, what cell provider are you using?

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews