• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just read the story on Boy Genius Report and apparently Samsung released an app called GPSrestore (the title is one word in the market) that resets your GPS to factory settings and deletes the Lbs settings changes many of us, me included, did to try and fix the GPS. I just downloaded it and ran it. As a test I opened Waze and it usually take 5 minutes or more for Waze to get a LOCK but this time it got a lock in under a minute.

Please no flames I am not saying it is fixed I am just giving you my experience so you know the app is out there. It will interesting to see how it works 2 or 3 days from today and if the problem pops up again. Even if it does if this helps with performance I will be happy to run the app every few days. I am still pissed. Do not have a fix but if this helps I will be a bit happier.

Upvote 0
This app has given me an instant lock in postition and navigation lock almost instantly. I've been using it since yesterday and no problems. For my personal believings this app has fixed my gps issues. It doesnt however give me a lock on navigation when inside my home using wifi. Outside using wifi it's instant lock in position and navigation. I believe it will not work for some people that have flashed their phone or using anything other than stock 2.1 update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones