• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Tracking

Which version were you running when you got the OTA?

• Total voters
Has anyone here ever heard of this?,

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'.

In other words, an apparently null result that shows no difference between groups may simply be due to lack of statistical power, making it extremely unlikely that a true difference will be correctly identified. Given the importance of this issue, it is surprising how often researchers fail to perform any systematic sample size calculations before embarking on a study. Instead, it is not uncommon for decisions of this sort to be made arbitrarily on the basis of convenience, available resources, or the number of easily available subjects.

In English it means you guys can't tell shit about any of this with a statistical sample size of 18 out of the group N=Eris owners on the forum with P=Number who give a shit about telling us when they got their OTA correlating to X=Total number of Eris owners.

Not to mention the other variables?

Jees

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Occams razor.

entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity and the conclusion thereof, that the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

Upvote 0
Got mine in Central NJ on May 14th, 1:10 am-ish. Updated right away and now i'm past all my hatred of it lol (at first i really couldn't stand it because it seemed to run much more sluggish and less responsive than 1.5, but after about a day or so it's all worked out and i'm enjoying myself now!)

now....let's figure out how to get SWYPE working again!!!! :D

Wtf, im in central jersey also waiting for it. Btw I got the phone April 6th

Upvote 0
You do understand that the update is rolled out OTA in RANDOM.. meaning there is situations of people being in the same house under same plan with phones purchased at the same time, same place receiving updates before one another..

I've had to repeat that (and select other moronic.. I mean frequently asked questions) so many times that I'm working on a copy-and-paste text file to use instead of having to type it in each time. :rolleyes: :D

Upvote 0
My wife just received her OTA Update notification at 11:54 pm in Houston, TX (and she could care less... in fact she doesn't wanna do it until tomorrow cause she doesn't wanna have to set everything back up tonight... if I'd been her I've updated in a heartbeat after my picking my jaw up off the floor). I installed the update manually yesterday afternoon so it'll be interesting to see if there are any differences at all.

Upvote 0
I'm really not seeing too many issues on v2 but I feel like v3 is taunting me. My hesitation is that I don't want to be introduced to any of the v3 "bugs". I'll probably wait and see what happens once the full update is available then make any decision after that.
I am unaware of any v3 bugs that are not in the OTA. I have been on v3 since it was introduced. v3 is much improved over v2.

Reactions: midnight assassin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones