1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update wrecked my phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sidiquali, Feb 4, 2011.

1. sidiquali

sidiquali Lurker

Hi again, can anyone please help or advise what i can do other than bin the phone as it's useless to me in this state. The only reason i chose the HTC Desire over Iphone was because it allowed generic bluetooth voicecalls, file, music and pics transfer & the iphone doesn't. Since the 19.01.11 update the handset doesn't allow me to receive or make voice calls over bluetooth. However, it still instantly connects to my bluetooth when i'm in the car and allows music streaming, satnav voice, games sounds through car speakers. To avoid doubt I have tested two other phones (nokia & sony erricson) in the car and they work fine with voicecalls via bluetooth so it's not my car bluetooth device that's at fault. The Desire worked perfectly for the past 4 months until this 19.01.11 update. The other noticeable change since the update is calls keep hanging, texts and emails don't send instantly and have to be resent 2-3 times before they go. Also the internet/youtube apps have to be run 2-3 times before they connect, sometimes I have to restart the phone for them to work. The irony is everything worked fine before this update and i was very happy and proud of my phone, so much so I showed off to all my friends that it did everything the iphone does but also can do bluetooth voicecalls, stream music and play games with surround sound, share pics/videos etc Now it's embarassing to say oh it doesn't work anymore... My working day is extended by 1-2 hours, given i could make essential calls via bluetooth while travelling on the road, now i have to make these calls back at the office or from home!! I honestly feel like smashing it against the wall as it's so frustrating!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

have you tried a factory reset?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews