1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

update.zip from recovery.img

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ilovetoboogie, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ilovetoboogie

None

Jan 4, 2014
    I have a soft-bricked AP-GS918 that is stuck in bootloop. I only have stock recovery. I do have another identical tablet that I dumped the recovery partition to recovery.img that I uploaded to the clockworkmod builder page and got in return a CWM recovery image. The question now is how do I install it via stock recovery? Can I make a flashable update.zip from the CWM image?

P.S. the soft-bricked is rooted

Advertisement

2. ModdingMyMind

None
    Place custom recovery in proper adb/fastboot directory on your pc. Boot in to your fastboot with your device. Open up CMD window on pc and change directories to where your proper adb/fastboot files are located at.

Type and enter in CMD window:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot boot customrecovery.img
    This will boot your CWM recovery on to your device without overwriting your stock recovery. Now go ahead and make a backup of your device. Once complete, reboot device. Keep in mind, once you reboot, the stock recovery will still be there and CWM will disappear off of your phone. If you wish to keep it on your device within your recovery partition after you have made your backup then type and enter in the CMD Window:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img

3. ModdingMyMind

None
    I do not know if your device comes with a locked bootloader or not. If it is locked then you will need to unlock it first before you can flash the custom recovery on to your recovery partition.

4. ojanndy

ojanndy Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2014
    can you please send me the copy recovery.img that you have...i hace similar problem ,,the only thing is i do not have the recovery image ..please I really and badly need it..thanks