1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sortoh85, Aug 3, 2013.

1. sortoh85

sortoh85 Well-Known Member

I know it's a new phone, but I asked if they r going to get an update, here is what lg told me. ood morning, thank you for contacting LG Electronics US.

"Unfortunately we do not have the required information to provide you when the update or if any updates will be released for this model.

Unfortunately we do not program or release these updates, these are released by Google.

Once there is an update available for your device your service provider will be in charge of sending it to you or the device will automatically perform it."

Advertisement

2. rreoken

rreoken Newbie

Time to probe the googleplex for the answers! If more people buy this phone there will be more support I bet! It's well worth the dev'ing!

3. sortoh85

O ya, it's a good phone. I am trying to get ppl I know to get it... AND the people at boost to promote it, but I don't work for them so if they don't care :what:

4. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

I asked about a 4.2 release, but they said the usual. Anyways I am hoping this phone at least makes it to 4.2. But what I think the F7 really needs is 4.3. RAM usage is down across the board with 4.3 and our phones will benefit from this.

5. rreoken

rreoken Newbie

Really?! That should bolster battery life. I'm sure they will push an update soon. This phone seems to be gaining popularity. LG and googleplex will put up.

needtooy347 likes this.
  6. needtooy347

needtooy347 Member

I hope we get the update

7. birddseedd

birddseedd Member

What does it come with stock?

have people started building roms for it? if so can i get a link?

thanks

8. sortoh85

4.1.2 no roms as of yet but ppl are working on them

9. OldCoastie

OldCoastie Newbie

My F7 is running 4.1.2

10. godmd5

godmd5 Newbie

11. needtooy347

needtooy347 Member

I don't know when but LG going to update optimus F7 to 4.2.2 jellybean

12. rreoken

rreoken Newbie

Is that a declarative statement or interrogative?

13. sortoh85

If lg dose give us an update, it won't be till next summer... That is what happened to lg Venice about a year later :-(

14. needtooy347

needtooy347 Member

Yea i have update message app,download app,and face unlock

15. sortoh85

16. godmd5

godmd5 Newbie

the "number pad" is a korea only launcher have dmb tv smart control lg tv,koera ver dialer lg_phone_jb.apk have call recorder,you can try ..

17. sortoh85

How can I install it on my phone

18. needtooy347

needtooy347 Member

I have the google calender sync,message,phone,and setting.3 jellybean

I have update face unlock for 4.4 kitkat

19. sortoh85

I contacted LG about kit-kat this is what they told me
    ------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear Mr.Soto

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics,

We are more than happy to assist you. As of yet we do not have information or a release date for the android 4.4 with the US780 . You are more than welcomed to stayed in tuned with our site www.lg.com and your carrier for any future updates or soon to come changes.

I hope this information is helpfu

20. sortoh85

Could this mean that we might get 4.4

21. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Not really a good answer lol, only time will tell. We probably won't be jumping to 4.4 right away. Maybe 4.2.2 or 4.3

22. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Lg doesn't give updates the update comes from the carrier. All lg does is make the device outer shell and configure the ril and motherboard. And lg will provide unlimited WARRANTY fixture .

23. chevanlol360

It's a little bit more than that actually. The Carrier request updates from the manufacture, so lg creates the update and make sure everything is working fine. Then pass it along to the carrier to test with their network just to make sure all is good network wise. Once the carrier gives the manufacture the big Ok, they release the source and start pushing the OTA within weeks. This is all usually configured months before, meaning once boost decided on the Optimus F7 and sat down with LG to talk contracts, somewhere on some piece of paper it probably said whether the phone will have a Lock Bootloader and whether it will be getting Any future updates to new versions of android. Although i think the locked bootloader decision is made by LG and the carrier doesnt really care whether its locked or not lol. By the end of the year boost will probably make a decision whether to update the Optimus F7 to a newer version of android and which version it will be. Heres an idea, It was a 9 month period before the Sequent got an update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 i can only imagine it will be the same for any other phone. From a business and loyal stand point, I would imagine that boost will update all of their 4G LTE phones to at least 4.3. The only 4G phone that i wouldnt be surprised if it surpass the 4.3 update is the Samsung Galaxy S3 since it is technically Boost Flagship Android device with the F7 just right behind it.

24. needtooy347

needtooy347 Member

I think might get a update

Attached Files:

sortoh85 likes this.
  25. chevanlol360

What app is that?