• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys do you believe we will be getting an update for this phone? If not so i can start preparing my PC to start building from CM because honestly im tired of this stock rom....

I would hope so, I mean this phone is fairly new, only from July. If it doesn't, I'm gonna feel ripped off because I thought I bought a NEW phone, not an outdated phone a week after it came out for VM.

Upvote 0
I think there is a slight chance of getting an update once they add a phone or two to there line up that has a newer os version. But that being said they would like to sell more phones so of course if you want update then you need to upgrade. Sad i know but welcome to the world of enterprise and where profit making is the only rule.

Upvote 0
I don't see anything wrong with 4.1.2 and the optimus skin. The newer versions of android don't add much. The F3 is fast and stable for a budget phone. 2nd-Init recovery was just released too, for those looking to port ROMs over.

The only way to have all the updates is to get a nexus device. Or at least get the latest high end device, you may get an update or two. Its just one of the draw backs to getting a budget device on a prepaid carrier.

Upvote 0
I got an epic 4g touch (sg2 variant) through virgin last black friday and the jelly bean update to 4.1.2 came out like a week later and maybe 2 months later they pushed out an update to it for me, so maybe thats all changing and we might get it

Samsung has been doing pretty good releasing some updates recently, virgin isn't doing it. I cant rember the last time virgon released an ota full OS update, maybe the intercept from 2.1 to 2.2. I'm not talking about the small security or radio patches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones