• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It's a shame that the Rise/Event/Hydro phones are completely locked down. No aboot file either to crack with an exploit that could bypass the locked bootloader, as is the case with some Samsung and LG phones (like my LG Optimus F3).

I still have my Event as a backup, along with an LG Optimus V. KitKat is running on the V! It's an extremely slimmed down version, but it works!

For what they are, these phones are good, but not great. Still, I like my Event. As far as flip phones... I actually kinda liked mine. I had it for three years (2006-2009). I actuly manag 2 txt on it lil<--- haha, they all looked like that sentence! Went from that to a 'feature' phone (Motorola QA1) which had a BlackBerry like QWERTY keyboard. In 2011, finally got my first Android, the V. My F3 is the fourth Android phone for me. Hope to add a tablet sometime, but the F3 is more than worth the price I paid IMHO ($79).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones