• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED! 12/01/2012 BETA 4] Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich by mikegapinski

So Mike's been Tweeting that he's got new specs on his PC, and can now build ICS in just 4 hours as opposed to the 19 hours it used to take; and he can build Gingerbread in just 30 minutes. I just spoke to him, and he said that after he's done PC updates, he'll build ICS! So by tomorrow, we'll definitely have a decent version of ICS working with hopefully the .35 kernel!

EDIT: He said that with cache on, ICS only takes 30 mins to build! We could see a build in the next hour or 2!

Upvote 0
So Mike's been Tweeting that he's got new specs on his PC, and can now build ICS in just 4 hours as opposed to the 19 hours it used to take; and he can build Gingerbread in just 30 minutes. I just spoke to him, and he said that after he's done PC updates, he'll build ICS! So by tomorrow, we'll definitely have a decent version of ICS working with hopefully the .35 kernel!

EDIT: He said that with cache on, ICS only takes 30 mins to build! We could see a build in the next hour or 2!
anymore news on this Dudeman? is Mike having any new problems?!!!;)

Upvote 0
anymore news on this Dudeman? is Mike having any new problems?!!!;)

He's been having so many problems with getting 3D working..

@mikegapinski: getting 3d is not a fight ... It is a war ... :(

From what he's said it looks like we'll be getting another beta before/for Christmas, which is good! :D He also said:

@mikegapinski: to assume what I did today... usb storage,wifi with signal, pin unlock, gsm signal, keyboard, all accelerated by CPU( faster UI)

Upvote 0
From XDA.

Now it is sure
smile.gif
the new ver of ICS is around the corner
biggrin.gif
I fixed what I wanted - Wifi was the last thing ... Expect it in a few days (no more than 2 :p)

Source [ROMS] Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich - All mikegapinski roms in one place - Page 149 - xda-developers

And from mike's twitter

Next beta will be tomorrow :) 100% sure - wifi now works

Upvote 0
Making a new post for people that read before I posted download link which is in previous post.

Apparently there is a problem with wifi, mike knows what the problem is and is gonna upload an update.zip to fix it.

Sorry bout the triple post :)

Edit: wifi fix for recovery - no wipe needed http://adf.ly/4PjEl

Edit 2: GPS fix, flash through recovery, GPS fix http://adf.ly/4Pnv2

These 2 will be included in the next release (think there is a planned bug fix release tomorrow)

Also there is a problem with the market not downloading which will be fixed in the next release.

I have been using this ROM for a few hours and it is really smooth if you follow the steps in the video on the release notes, if you did a titanium backup there is a link to the latest apk here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1082385 copy the apk to your sd card or install through adb then you can restore your apps so you dont need the market.

Stock browser and camera also don't work, if anyone finds any bugs post them on mike's bug killer here: http://www.mikegapinski.modaco.pl/bugs/

Think thats about it now

Upvote 0
I can"t installl ....no booting pls help.HOW TO Install?

I would do a clean install through fastboot first.

But you need to make sure your system partition is big enough to do that download this file: http://kulkoff.com/swift/downloads/SwiftBootloaderBuilder.zip extract it and open the SwiftBootloaderBuilder, and reboot your phone to fastboot.

Back in the bootloader builder on System size select 200MB and the data size will change as well, click Flash new bootloader and click the ok buttons, next click wipe data and then reboot.

While your phone is rebooting hold the camera button to re-enter fastboot (you may notice some changes but its ok it works the same) and use the commands:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

And it should work fine

PS the reboot after resizing partitions is required or the new rom will not flash.

Reactions: dejanpunx
Upvote 0
Dudeman, could you update opening post with new links/screenshots? Thanks! :)

Shall do, I've made a new installer which is a hell of a lot more user friendly. For both ICS and CM7. They'll be uploaded in a bit. Also, I've finally upgraded my phone, so my posts on these forums might be a bit delayed :)

EDIT: Done! Check the first post :D

Upvote 0
Is there any chance someone can up a tutorial and show a novice how to install this ICS rom over swiftdroid rom i'm currently using?! cheers! :)

It's essentially the same as here. But I'll put some instructions in the first post too! Just give me half an hour or so to get everything sorted :)

EDIT: Done! Check the first post :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones