• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/news

be curious to hear if your friend can/will back up Eldar Murtazin

Samsung Galaxy S III said to be launching in April

I will ask. Given past history this would mean I very well could have device in hand as early as some time in late Feb/March

at one time he did tell me mid 2012 (early December I think is when I posted that btw..not that this is a race, but hey)

Our conversation this last Saturday, and again on Monday just prior to the press release on the Note was simply "before Christmas"

Upvote 0
"Got your pm. No way no how. Samsung HQ issued a statement that it will not be announced at mobile world congress. Even if it makes int. debut in April, it won't come stateside until summer/fall."

But he could be off. So far he hasn't been off by more than a week

" To clarify, yes announcement may happen just after Barcelona but product will not be available yet. Specs will probably be close.That's pretty much the direction of the evolution."

Upvote 0
"Got your pm. No way no how. Samsung HQ issued a statement that it will not be announced at mobile world congress. Even if it makes int. debut in April, it won't come stateside until summer/fall."

But he could be off. So far he hasn't been off by more than a week

" To clarify, yes announcement may happen just after Barcelona but product will not be available yet. Specs will probably be close.That's pretty much the direction of the evolution."

oh cool, thanks for the update. so basically we'll be waiting until sept or oct again. looks like i'll be upgrading soon then :)

Upvote 0
Damn that's going to be a long wait...if that's true. Looks like I'm going to have to hold on to my EVO just a bit longer. I'm still hoping for summer. Lol

I will of course keep you guys updated as I find out more and I really do hope I get one in hand prior to release like I did with the GS2, Skyrocket, Note and 10" and 8.9 tab

Upvote 0
I will of course keep you guys updated as I find out more and I really do hope I get one in hand prior to release like I did with the GS2, Skyrocket, Note and 10" and 8.9 tab

Sorry if I missed it, but did you get any info on the processor in SGSIII from your source?

There are still speculations on both quad Exynos 4412 and dual A15 Exynos 5250. I was assuming Exynos 4412 based on MWC announcement schedule. But now they pushed it back a little toward summer, I think Exynos 5250 is possibility too. And like SGSII, there might be other processor versions as well like S4 snapdragon depending on the wireless standards of carriers.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I missed it, but did you get any info on the processor in SGSIII from your source?

There are still speculations on both quad Exynos 4412 and dual A15 Exynos 5250. I was assuming Exynos 4412 based on MWC announcement schedule. But now they pushed it back a little toward summer, I think Exynos 5250 is possibility too. And like SGSII, there might be other processor versions as well like S4 snapdragon depending on the wireless standards of carriers.

I would like to know this as well. I'm hoping its the A15 Exynos 5250.

Upvote 0
Way too early at this point.

on past devices I was only able to confirm speculation once the device was in hand by running some specific tests.

My favorite that I found was "android dump"

it is one of the only methods I found so far that clearly lists the exact processor

believe it or not this guy doesn't know much about phones lol

the biggest question will be how they new exynos accommodates lte ....so far that has been an issue

Upvote 0
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Upvote 0
I caught a rumor today that the s3 won't be worth waiting for.

Highly unlikely it will be quadcore due to heat issues. minimal changes

I did not catch any device specks ie he couldn't give any.

Something along the lines of heat being an issue with quad

On the bright side it should have an hd screen, and should be larger than the skyrocketed but smaller than the note.

From the little bit of info I was able to grab my guess is that the skyrocketed hd that was shown at ces
Will be released as the s3

Upvote 0
Wow not worth waiting for? Well if they are going with dualcore then they will be going for the A15 Exynos 5250. Right? I'm sorry but the GS3 is very anticipated and I find it hard to believe it will be a let down. Nothing against you Ed. I thank you for all the info you give us. But I think he didnt want to give you the real goods.

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
Wow not worth waiting for? Well if they are going with dualcore then they will be going for the A15 Exynos 5250. Right? I'm sorry but the GS3 is very anticipated and I find it hard to believe it will be a let down. Nothing against you Ed. I thank you for all the info you give us. But I think he didnt want to give you the real goods.

Trust me I don't take it personally...I am just a dude on the webs

You have to remember..those of us that anticipate based on specs aren't the top % of purchasers...

It would be a first though...and he was pretty adamant

He did not however give ANY detailed specs, he could lose his job. other than 1 (proc) he was very vague and could not confirm much.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it is a 1.5 snapdragon with a 4.65 720 HD screen and LTE....

He knows I really really want a Note, but would be waiting on the S3...he told me not to wait lol.

The good news is that it sounded like we won't be waiting very long for the S3 to be released, when asked "sooner or later" he responded sooner so we will see.

Upvote 0
Trust me I don't take it personally...I am just a dude on the webs

You have to remember..those of us that anticipate based on specs aren't the top % of purchasers...

It would be a first though...and he was pretty adamant

He did not however give ANY detailed specs, he could lose his job. other than 1 (proc) he was very vague and could not confirm much.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it is a 1.5 snapdragon with a 4.65 720 HD screen and LTE....

He knows I really really want a Note, but would be waiting on the S3...he told me not to wait lol.

The good news is that it sounded like we won't be waiting very long for the S3 to be released, when asked "sooner or later" he responded sooner so we will see.

I don't know about your source and no offense to him. But I don't think it will have the same spec as skyrocket HD, that just doesn't make sense at all. So, Samsung has been developing it from summer last year to only come out with the spec of last year? If it's true, SGS3 will be huge disappointment and miserable fail.

HTC, LG are already going ahead with 40nm quad Tegra3 phones to be announced at MWC, which will surely have some heat issues. But 32nm Exynos (be it 4412 or 5250) should be better than that on heat. If it's dual, it must be exynos 5250 or new S4 snapdragon at least.

Upvote 0
I don't know about your source and no offense to him. But I don't think it will have the same spec as skyrocket HD, that just doesn't make sense at all. So, Samsung has been developing it from summer last year to only come out with the spec of last year? If it's true, SGS3 will be huge disappointment and miserable fail.

HTC, LG are already going ahead with 40nm quad Tegra3 phones to be announced at MWC, which will surely have some heat issues. But 32nm Exynos (be it 4412 or 5250) should be better than that on heat. If it's dual, it must be exynos 5250 or new S4 snapdragon at least.

Exactly! I found that troubling as well. I mean Samsung is having their own event for a very anticipating phone.It has to be better than those specs.

Reactions: zanza
Upvote 0
Battery and heat...phone size trying to accommodate the two.

I could see where you guys are coming from tho ;)

I was looking forward to it too.

Btw..he has been spot on so far on all of the sammy releases for the past 6 months.

I will continue to update. he of course works there...and I joined the new device pre release testing team

My speculation on the skyrocket is exactly that...strictly me thinking out loud

You have a phone: skyrocketed hd...that no one has heard of at the Samsung mobile office

And

You have a phone that they are aware of ...the S3...that sources say is not going to live up to rumors and speculation

Like i said tho...he in a round about way he said the device would be coming much sooner then we thought originally.

Upvote 0
I caught a rumor today that the s3 won't be worth waiting for. Highly unlikely it will be quadcore due to heat issues. minimal changes. I did not catch any device specks ie he couldn't give any. Something along the lines of heat being an issue with quad

On the bright side it should have an hd screen, and should be larger than the skyrocketed but smaller than the note.

From the little bit of info I was able to grab my guess is that the skyrocketed hd that was shown at ces
Will be released as the s3

considering the att note is using a snapdragon and is much slower than the exynos, and that samsung has decided to follow apple and do their own announcement instead of mwc, i would hope that your friend is finally wrong. because what you're describing sounds like a bag of hurt if they expect to be competitive.

My speculation on the skyrocket is exactly that...strictly me thinking out loud. You have a phone: skyrocketed hd...that no one has heard of at the Samsung mobile office

And, You have a phone that they are aware of ...the S3...that sources say is not going to live up to rumors and speculation. Like i said tho...he in a round about way he said the device would be coming much sooner then we thought originally.

why has nobody heard of the skyrocket hd? it's already been announced :thinking: there's no way it's going to be the s3. you're telling me that is the phone they're going to combat all the new phones and chipsets with?

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD coming to AT&T: 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, LTE, 'razor-thin' -- Engadget

Reactions: Sandroidfan
Upvote 0
While I'm new to the convo and don't want to get into the speculation that the S3 may be a flop, I'd like to throw a different rumor into the pile:

According to this: Samsung Galaxy S3 Rumor Roundup | My Blog it is rumored to have a 3D display. Being an owner of an Evo 3D, this piqued my interest. Of course, I also have doubts about the concept pictures (if it is even in the remote possibility of being true) because 3D pictures require 2 cameras. I only see one. Also, both HTC and LG couldn't get the 'primary' camera to higher than 5 MP. So I bet it's a false rumor, but figured I'd contribute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones