• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated[13.2.12] Discuss all Samsung Galaxy S III rumors/release date/speculation/news

The design is a little boring. They could of curved the screen a little or the actual shell of the device since it was had a pebble look. I'm sure they could of brought something better then a HD Amoled screen. I was expecting the specs to be pushed.

The features alone are really nice though and makes up for a lot of physical looks. I think the design alone could of made a big impact if it was better. I think they need to start taking these concepts into consideration for design.

I'm not sure what to say about it. I have to see it in some more reviews and then I'll decide. I'm already preparing myself for the long wait of the Nexus 4. I hope that has breaking specs and not so much of a stocked Galaxy S III. I'm starting to think of the Galaxy S III of a slightly different designed S II with new features.

Upvote 0
who says you can't touch it while charging wirelessly? I'd rather charge without cumbersome cable when playing with it.:rolleyes:

so you plan on holding the dock to play with the phone?

wonder how ridiculous the price will be

edit: here's a pic

201205037584.jpg

Reactions: AM2
Upvote 0
Absolutely disgusting plastic design. Yuck. At least the GS2 looked pretty nice and fits in your hand.

HTC One X or Sony Xperia S are the best Android phones. People who buy this phone over HTC or Sony have no taste in art or beauty.

Or maybe actually buy the phone to use it as a phone? One X can look nice but still has that clunky sense on there which will eventually slow the phone down like always.

Upvote 0
Absolutely disgusting plastic design. Yuck. At least the GS2 looked pretty nice and fits in your hand.

HTC One X or Sony Xperia S are the best Android phones. People who buy this phone over HTC or Sony have no taste in art or beauty.

Do that many people really have their phones out of cases or covers that often? Mine is almost always in my case unless I need to change the battery. As long as the hardware and software is great I could care less about the design

Upvote 0
I suppose Samsung believes they have the same brand loyalty Apple does? Since they keep pulling pages from Apple's playbook, they must dismiss the fact they are working with the Android platform. There's competition. Android users are not loyal to any particular developer. If you have the hottest phone, you will net the revenue. Apple can afford to pull an iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to 'the new iPad' stunts because of the loyalty backing the brand and there is no competition (as in no one develops the iPhone or uses iOS but Apple).

If the SII were able to run on Verizon's network I'd get that. The price will drop in the upcoming months and there will be hundreds of devices for sell on eBay. I see no point in going from SII to SIII if I were an SII user. Some of the features are nice on the SIII, but again, not groundbreaking. Nothing revolutionary. Voice recognition can be tricky at times. After saying, "Take a picture" four times when you can simply click on the app isn't all that impressive.

Hopefully the SIIII will do something different. By the time my upgrade rolls back around the rumor mill will start again. They really need to lock themselves in an office and think long and hard about the next Galaxy phone. Tired of these cheap, plastic looking devices with the hokey crap attached to it.

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
Thanks for the picture. There is no need to hold dock to play with it when not charging it. And when charging it, we can just touch screen.

I wonder how long the battery will go with 2100mAh.

People with jobs where they don't want their phone damaged?

everyone is so serious! sheesh

i'm betting that 2100 mah will make it at the very least the 2nd longest lasting phone. only 2nd to the razr maxx

Upvote 0
I'm sorry guys, did I miss something here? When was it ever mentioned that it has a pentile screen?

One would guess if the screen used an RGB dot matrix they would call it Super AMOLED HD Plus like they did with the previous screens.

Could be wrong, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Looks like it's confirmed as Pentile.

Not that bothered really, I've played with the Note quite allot and thought the screen was gorgeous.

Reactions: LoayBal
Upvote 0
I suppose Samsung believes they have the same brand loyalty Apple does? Since they keep pulling pages from Apple's playbook, they must dismiss the fact they are working with the Android platform. There's competition. Android users are not loyal to any particular developer. If you have the hottest phone, you will net the revenue. Apple can afford to pull an iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to 'the new iPad' stunts because of the loyalty backing the brand and there is no competition (as in no one develops the iPhone or uses iOS but Apple).

If the SII were able to run on Verizon's network I'd get that. The price will drop in the upcoming months and there will be hundreds of devices for sell on eBay. I see no point in going from SII to SIII if I were an SII user. Some of the features are nice on the SIII, but again, not groundbreaking. Nothing revolutionary. Voice recognition can be tricky at times. After saying, "Take a picture" four times when you can simply click on the app isn't all that impressive.

Hopefully the SIIII will do something different. By the time my upgrade rolls back around the rumor mill will start again. They really need to lock themselves in an office and think long and hard about the next Galaxy phone. Tired of these cheap, plastic looking devices with the hokey crap attached to it.

They dont assume it. ..they are trying to achieve it.

Thus the completely new marketing direction

Upvote 0
I'm already preparing myself for the long wait of the Nexus 4.

That's going to be one hell of a long wait, but I think I'm in the same camp. The phone just didn't make that large of an evolutionary shift from the GS II, although that could all change once I actually have it in my hands.

So Google I/O is on June 29th, I expect to see a Nexus tablet, but no phone.

Upvote 0
That's going to be one hell of a long wait, but I think I'm in the same camp. The phone just didn't make that large of an evolutionary shift from the GS II, although that could all change once I actually have it in my hands.

So Google I/O is on June 29th, I expect to see a Nexus tablet, but no phone.

if they're taking notes from apple, this should have been expected. it's an evolutionary change every year. big jumps for people who wait 2 years because of their contract. smaller jumps for people who buy every year

Upvote 0
Anything about different variations? One thing I love about the AT&T GSII was it size and comfort at 4.3". The International version obviously launches and then all different variants came afterwards with different sizes and components etc. is that going to be the same here? For some reason reports and people are making it seem like this is "it", all GSIII's will be the same size with the physical home button (don't care for, love that the i777 was all capacitive vs the International and it's home button).

I hope AT&T does a 4.3" version again.

Upvote 0
I see no point in going from SII to SIII if I were an SII user.

- S-Voice.
- S-Beam (can send an entire photo gallery in the blink of an eye.. that is revolutionary) + NFC.
- The fact that the screen stays on while you're looking at it and don't have to keep tapping.. that's annoying.
- 64GB storage.
- Twice the processing performance and 65% improved graphics.
- Improved call quality.
- Larger HD screen.
- Much improved camera system.

Seems like a pretty massive upgrade to me, not even comparable to the small leaps between iPhone upgrades.

Edit:

- Wireless charging (industry first).
- Much larger battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones