• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

i need a liitle help here!started updating.The First step went fine, but installing CM7 didn't.I tried flashing it with the automatic .exe file and i get an error saying: FAILED command write failed, unknown error. Also tried the manual way and get the same error...Any ideas?

This is what i get in cmd in case it helps anyone give me any ideas ;)

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
Are you in fastboot mode, and the PC you're on, is it logged into an Administrator account?

Yes.I did everything according to the instructions. Flashed the carphone warehouse rom went into fastboot,my phone is recognized by the computer but still the same error.I'll try flashing it from another computer and see if that helps cause i'm out of ideas..and patience:(

Upvote 0
Yes.I did everything according to the instructions. Flashed the carphone warehouse rom went into fastboot,my phone is recognized by the computer but still the same error.I'll try flashing it from another computer and see if that helps cause i'm out of ideas..and patience:(

Yeah try another PC, preferably Windows 7

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this up again. I Have CM6 and would like to Restore the LG Boot logo so I can enter the recovery.
To do so, do I have to follow the Restoring back to 2.1 guide and then How to restore the boot logo's so you can get into recovery guide or I can skip the Restoring back to 2.1 and only follow How to restore the boot logo's so you can get into recovery?

Upvote 0
I have noticed something unusual about v1.8 on my phone, which I set up a couple of days ago.

Previously (v1.5, 1.4b) I used an app to monitor the data and call credits in my prepaid plan. Here in Australia I am with Virgin Mobile, but they use the Optus network. The monitoring app still works for me in v1.8 as I used recovery to update to v1.8 from v1.5. My phone in v1.8 displays Optus as its carrier, in v1.5 it displayed Virgin Mobile as its carrier. I cannot see the app in the market any more, presumably because it is intended for Virgin Mobile customers only. The app is called Virgin Usage Meter.

This is not a problem at this stage, but I wonder if it can be corrected somehow.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this up again. I Have CM6 and would like to Restore the LG Boot logo so I can enter the recovery.
To do so, do I have to follow the Restoring back to 2.1 guide and then How to restore the boot logo's so you can get into recovery guide or I can skip the Restoring back to 2.1 and only follow How to restore the boot logo's so you can get into recovery?

Just the instructions to recover the LG logos.

I have noticed something unusual about v1.8 on my phone, which I set up a couple of days ago.

Previously (v1.5, 1.4b) I used an app to monitor the data and call credits in my prepaid plan. Here in Australia I am with Virgin Mobile, but they use the Optus network. The monitoring app still works for me in v1.8 as I used recovery to update to v1.8 from v1.5. My phone in v1.8 displays Optus as its carrier, in v1.5 it displayed Virgin Mobile as its carrier. I cannot see the app in the market any more, presumably because it is intended for Virgin Mobile customers only. The app is called Virgin Usage Meter.

This is not a problem at this stage, but I wonder if it can be corrected somehow.

But, then that would be the Apps fault for not recognizing the carrier but the network is on

Upvote 0

I have a similar thing with mine. My phone always showed the Tesco logo, which is who I am with. But tesco use the O2 network to carry there phones on. Since updating to 1.8, my phone now shows O2 instead of Tesco and I can now no longer check my phone credit.

Upvote 0
I have a similar thing with mine. My phone always showed the Tesco logo, which is who I am with. But tesco use the O2 network to carry there phones on. Since updating to 1.8, my phone now shows O2 instead of Tesco and I can now no longer check my phone credit.

I am with Tesco as well, and yes its used to show Tesco as the supplier just under the clock but mine now says O2 which is the carrier. I am on PAYG and I use the triple credit setup, I topped up yesterday and it worked ok, I can text a request for remaining free credit and I recieve an answer, I also get a small message on my screen after each call or text to tell me my remaining normal credit.

Upvote 0

Just follow the restore boot logos instructions

Upvote 0

Not sure why it's doing that, but you can use 3G Watchdog if the Virgin Usage app gets uninstalled

Upvote 0
i just updated to v1.8 and have some question..how come my phone reboots every once in a while???and can anyone tell me how to install market? i have installed all the google apps but unfortunately the market is still missing...

It doesn't reboot randomly..? Have you overclocked the phone too high? Did you install the Gapps fix through recovery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones