• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

@zaxeciv what size is your SD card? There are a few people have issues with cards of 8gb and over on the link below...
Sorry it is a 52 page thread about this mod and the issues some people are having, but please be aware it is a tech oriented site, and may not as easy to understand as Dudeman makes it here, but it may help.

LG GT540 - SwiftDroid Project - (O.S. 2.3.2), by Mur4ik - xda-developers

oh that must be the problem then... my card is indeed 8gb...haha... but let me try to flash the new update!

was it in debugging mode?

UPDATE: A new update of the ROM has been released, and has supposedly fixed the problems people have with the SD card, I'll upload it in about 10 mins, let you know when it's done :D

Ya, it was in debugging mode... okay, i'll try to flash the new update. i'll let you know if it still doesn't work

EDIT: Yeah... the new update still won't recognize any of my cards... i tried both 1gb and 8gb and they didn't work. Also, when you told me to boot into recovery, i just hold the power button and press reboot then choose recovery, right?.. or did you mean clockworkmod recovery?, which i didn't flash cuz the first post says it's optional.

Upvote 0
how do you update the phone :S

Make a backup of the phone via recovery (to get into recovery hold the 'Home' button whilst switching on the phone, and flash the phone again with the instructions in the first post, the .zip is updated (you don't need to do the KDZ updater again) then once it's updated, go back into recovery and select 'backup and restore' then 'advanced restore' choose the backup you made before you updated and choose 'restore data'. All your data (messages, contacts, apps etc.) will be restored, then flash the Google Apps.zip and you'll be sorted! :D

Upvote 0
oh that must be the problem then... my card is indeed 8gb...haha... but let me try to flash the new update!

Ya, it was in debugging mode... okay, i'll try to flash the new update. i'll let you know if it still doesn't work

EDIT: Yeah... the new update still won't recognize any of my cards... i tried both 1gb and 8gb and they didn't work. Also, when you told me to boot into recovery, i just hold the power button and press reboot then choose recovery, right?.. or did you mean clockworkmod recovery?, which i didn't flash cuz the first post says it's optional.

Hmm, must be annoying not having an SD card.. I can't think of anything else:(.. Just keep browsing the forum and see if you find anything :) To boot into recovery you gotta switch off the phone and hold the 'Home' while switching on the phone; it'll display the LG for a few seconds, then go into Clockwork Recovery (if you installed it via fastboot). :D

Upvote 0
dude, the phone does not charge when off...how long does it take to fully charge your phone?

It doesn't charge when off because when you plug it in, the phone switches on. I'm not sure how long it takes because I only ever charge my phone as I'm going to sleep and leave it on charge all night; then the charge lasts me the whole day :D

Upvote 0
Clockwork Recovery says file not found when you do what?

the clockwork recovery said file not found when i tried to install the zip file but i rebooted the phone and tried it again and they seem to have installed :D

i was wondering though has anyone had problems with the facebook app not letting you check in to places and just says force close or wait for app.

thanks

Upvote 0
the clockwork recovery said file not found when i tried to install the zip file but i rebooted the phone and tried it again and they seem to have installed :D

i was wondering though has anyone had problems with the facebook app not letting you check in to places and just says force close or wait for app.

thanks

Cool, It's working :D :p I've never had any problems with the Facebook app but then again I don't really use places on it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones