• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

Greetings my friend..
i did whatever you have said.. i had 2.1 by lg.. and after completing setup when my phone restarts. All my old apps are still there and more over now i m unable to open half of them including my phones setting.. it shows "the application settings(process com.android.settings)has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.
Now what should i do??

What was the last step you completed?

Reactions: Manav04
Upvote 0
After enabling debbuging i clicked on launch when all the softwares get installed properly. after that some files started extracting and soon download mode appears on my phone. after that phone get switched off. and when it get on it was all the same and it was showing finished on that soft ware so i detatched the usb and go for a look.

Upvote 0
After enabling debbuging i clicked on launch when all the softwares get installed properly. after that some files started extracting and soon download mode appears on my phone. after that phone get switched off. and when it get on it was all the same and it was showing finished on that soft ware so i detatched the usb and go for a look.

Right what you've done is enabled fastboot on the phone. Now you need to continue on to the install with fastboot steps

Reactions: Manav04
Upvote 0
Hey guys.. can you please help me out

Basically i tried to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.3 but during the process i got the same error like Kyle1996 and in doing so my phone got stuck in emergency mode.

I can take the battery off and go into emergency mode again as well as the LG screen logo but other than that i can't do much. Computer doesn't recognise the phone and i just got a virus? like wtf please help me out

Hey unionbank. Did you ever get your phone fixed? I now have the same thing. Phone is dead (Black screen after the LG logo) and the laptop is not recognizing it anymore.

Upvote 0
Hey unionbank. Did you ever get your phone fixed? I now have the same thing. Phone is dead (Black screen after the LG logo) and the laptop is not recognizing it anymore.

What version of android were you running? If it was 2.2 or 2.3 can you boot into fastboot? if it was 2.1 or 1.6 can you boot into download or emergancy mode (Vol up, or down at power on) if you can then your phone should be recoverable.

Upvote 0

A lot of antivirus programs (Eset NOD32/64 in particular) will recognize the KDZ updater as a trojan. You need to allow the program or add to the exceptions list.

Upvote 0
What version of android were you running? If it was 2.2 or 2.3 can you boot into fastboot? if it was 2.1 or 1.6 can you boot into download or emergancy mode (Vol up, or down at power on) if you can then your phone should be recoverable.

Hi. It was the 2.1 version and no i am not being able to boot into download or emergency mode. all i get is a black screen after the LG logo, no matter what i press after booting.

Upvote 0
Hi. It was the 2.1 version and no i am not being able to boot into download or emergency mode. all i get is a black screen after the LG logo, no matter what i press after booting.

If you dont have fastboot or recovery intstalled (which you probably wont), and you cant get into download mode, you may have to send it yo LG, in if you could get it into download mode you could flash 2.1 though KDZ.

Upvote 0
Over the course of these past few months, I've been wracking my brain trying to find out why my screen would not rotate. Since some games were running in landscape, I figured some setting was at fault, although even after activating everything the screen still would not rotate. Procrastination led to that not being addressed by me until about last week, when trying a non-landscape-native game I realized something must be wrong with the accelerometer.

So, I finally went ahead and downloaded RC5 and the 7.1.0 update ZIPs (only now, checking out to be sure it was those is it that I notice ASIS) to try on the recovery-based update method. I tried RC5 first, but I got an installation error as soon as it was beginning (right after decompressing the package). Right there and then, I tried the 7.1.0 update. Installation completed, and it did take a little while for the phone to boot and then to become responsive to the power button presses, showing a few momentary graphical glitches.

Everything seemed to be ok: all programs and games were there, shortcuts working, etc. I then tried to setup APNs. After saving the first one, the main APN page did not show it. It had happened to me before, so I tried exiting and reinputting, to no avail. I then entered the "Settings" (or something similar, can't recall) for that section and did some kind of reset to defaults.
Now, my phone displays greyed-out reception bars, and (no coverage) is displayed alongside them. I enabling and disabling Airplane mode via the power button yields no effect, and doing so via the "Wireless Connections" checkbox leaves the phone stuck in the "Enabling wireless connections" stage until I exit the screen and go back, where it reappears as enabled. Furthermore, now the "Mobile Networks" section is greyed out, so I cannot even set the APNs anymore.

Where did I mess up and how can I solve it? Would just installing ASIS via recovery help?

P.S: given the post immediately after my penultimate one, I estimate the version I had was the one previous to RC0.

Upvote 0
Over the course of these past few months, I've been wracking my brain trying to find out why my screen would not rotate. Since some games were running in landscape, I figured some setting was at fault, although even after activating everything the screen still would not rotate. Procrastination led to that not being addressed by me until about last week, when trying a non-landscape-native game I realized something must be wrong with the accelerometer.

So, I finally went ahead and downloaded RC5 and the 7.1.0 update ZIPs (only now, checking out to be sure it was those is it that I notice ASIS) to try on the recovery-based update method. I tried RC5 first, but I got an installation error as soon as it was beginning (right after decompressing the package). Right there and then, I tried the 7.1.0 update. Installation completed, and it did take a little while for the phone to boot and then to become responsive to the power button presses, showing a few momentary graphical glitches.

Everything seemed to be ok: all programs and games were there, shortcuts working, etc. I then tried to setup APNs. After saving the first one, the main APN page did not show it. It had happened to me before, so I tried exiting and reinputting, to no avail. I then entered the "Settings" (or something similar, can't recall) for that section and did some kind of reset to defaults.
Now, my phone displays greyed-out reception bars, and (no coverage) is displayed alongside them. I enabling and disabling Airplane mode via the power button yields no effect, and doing so via the "Wireless Connections" checkbox leaves the phone stuck in the "Enabling wireless connections" stage until I exit the screen and go back, where it reappears as enabled. Furthermore, now the "Mobile Networks" section is greyed out, so I cannot even set the APNs anymore.

Where did I mess up and how can I solve it? Would just installing ASIS via recovery help?

P.S: given the post immediately after my penultimate one, I estimate the version I had was the one previous to RC0.

I had a similar problem to this too. Every time I turned on screen rotation, the phone would instantly change to landscape mode even though it was in portrait. Took me days to figure out what was wrong.. Now this was the case for me; might not be the same for you, but hopefully it'll work! I'd suggest that you just install ASIS, and get the rest of your problems sorted. Then hit Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Display then under "Accelerometer rotation", check all the boxes. When screen rotation is enabled, it should now rotate in every direction! :D

Reactions: RCZombie
Upvote 0
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened:

Code:
-- Installing: /sdcard/SwiftDroid v2.0 ASIS.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update package...
Installation aborted.

From the time the first line appears until the fourth one does, less than 5 seconds pass. In particular, the fourth one appears almost immediately after the third one. :(

Should I try the 7.1.0 update from the ASIS folder or are they all the same?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened:

Code:
Installing update package...
Installation aborted.

From the time the first line appears until the fourth one does, less than 5 seconds pass. In particular, the fourth one appears almost immediately after the third one. :(

Should I try the 7.1.0 update from the ASIS folder or are they all the same?

You've most likely got an old version of ClockworkMod Recovery installed.. Boot into fastboot mode, connect to your PC and run this .exe file. It'll update recovery to the latest version, then you can install ASIS :)

Upvote 0
Dammit, the phone is not getting recognized on my laptop: after a few tries, I got Windows 7 to tell me that everything but the LG Android Modem gets installed. Device manager doesn't show it appearing anyway, there's just an entry in Other Devices>Android. USB Debugging was enabled, and Settings>Storage>Enable Mass Storage does not appear as a menu item on my phone.

Upvote 0
I eventually got it to work and am now with Recovery v5.0.2.3 (before I had 3.0.something), but the same thing happened. :mad:

The same error comes up in recovery when you try to install ASIS? Is there not a more specific error that comes up (as in, exactly what comes up on the screen when you try to install it?)

Upvote 0
Hi dudeman,

I think I need some help (in more than one way, but let's get this LG thing sorted first. :)) I tried to follow your instructions to the t, but couldn't get the installation to finish yesterday.

Here's what I did:
1) Installed z4root
2) Installed msxml
3) Installed win 7 drivers
4) Did the KDZ thingies
5) Hit the software update

I suppose everything went smoothly up to this point. Had the phone in USB debug mode and off mass storage. (I didn't find "LGE Android Platform Modem", but I found something like "LGE Android USB Modem". I didn't disable it. Should I have?) After a few minutes (like 4 minutes) the phone rebooted, and the installer said "FINISHED". So I thought I was good to go. The phone had switched from Finnish to English, so I suppose we're all good up to here.

I powered off the phone and put it in fastboot by holding the buttons. The LG logo came on, and after a while the logo disappeared, leaving the screen black. I connected the phone to the computer and waited for the drivers to install, and got a message that Fastboot drivers were installed. I went ahead and ran the .exe that you put up on the 28th. It told me to put the phone in fastboot and connect. I went ahead. Then it looked like it started to download some stuff, and after finished downloading it looked like it's installing. Then it popped up a screen telling me to put the phone in fastboot and connect. As my phone is already connected, I clicked OK and the installer immediately told me that it was finished. The phone didn't reboot. The only way I could get it to function was to take the battery out. I powered it back on, and nothing had happened.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there be a problem with the installer?

EDIT: The phone doesn't show up in my computer. Is this because of the "LGE Android USB Modem" thing? Should it show up as a drive or something?

Upvote 0
Hi dudeman,

I think I need some help (in more than one way, but let's get this LG thing sorted first. :)) I tried to follow your instructions to the t, but couldn't get the installation to finish yesterday.

Here's what I did:
1) Installed z4root
2) Installed msxml
3) Installed win 7 drivers
4) Did the KDZ thingies
5) Hit the software update

I suppose everything went smoothly up to this point. Had the phone in USB debug mode and off mass storage. (I didn't find "LGE Android Platform Modem", but I found something like "LGE Android USB Modem". I didn't disable it. Should I have?) After a few minutes (like 4 minutes) the phone rebooted, and the installer said "FINISHED". So I thought I was good to go. The phone had switched from Finnish to English, so I suppose we're all good up to here.

I powered off the phone and put it in fastboot by holding the buttons. The LG logo came on, and after a while the logo disappeared, leaving the screen black. I connected the phone to the computer and waited for the drivers to install, and got a message that Fastboot drivers were installed. I went ahead and ran the .exe that you put up on the 28th. It told me to put the phone in fastboot and connect. I went ahead. Then it looked like it started to download some stuff, and after finished downloading it looked like it's installing. Then it popped up a screen telling me to put the phone in fastboot and connect. As my phone is already connected, I clicked OK and the installer immediately told me that it was finished. The phone didn't reboot. The only way I could get it to function was to take the battery out. I powered it back on, and nothing had happened.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there be a problem with the installer?

EDIT: The phone doesn't show up in my computer. Is this because of the "LGE Android USB Modem" thing? Should it show up as a drive or something?

If the installer immediately said it was finished, then something was wrong and your phone wasn't recognised in fastboot. Try plugging in your phone in fastboot mode, wait 5-10 mins, then run the .exe installer again.

Upvote 0
The same error comes up in recovery when you try to install ASIS? Is there not a more specific error that comes up (as in, exactly what comes up on the screen when you try to install it?)

Pretty much the same message than last time:

Code:
"install zip from sdcard">"choose zip from sdcard">Select SwiftDroid v2.0 ASIS.zip>"Yes"
[B]Installing update...  (new line)[/B]
Installation aborted.

As an aside, I could access the APN setting menu until just now, and after setting everything and tapping "Save" or something like that, the APN list would still not populate itself with the recenly set one. In any case, right now the setting was disabled again, although I only noticed that after trying yet again to disable Airplane mode from the settings menu. :(

Upvote 0
Pretty much the same message than last time:

Code:
"install zip from sdcard">"choose zip from sdcard">Select SwiftDroid v2.0 ASIS.zip>"Yes"
[B]Installing update...  (new line)[/B]
Installation aborted.

As an aside, I could access the APN setting menu until just now, and after setting everything and tapping "Save" or something like that, the APN list would still not populate itself with the recenly set one. In any case, right now the setting was disabled again, although I only noticed that after trying yet again to disable Airplane mode from the settings menu. :(

Hmm, that's really weird.. Try redownloading the .zip file, it could've become corrupted.

Upvote 0
Still no luck. What's weird, I confirmed the phone disables the "Mobile networks" section if I do a "Reset to default" on the "APNs" section. And it still does not show any APNs I set, which leads me to believe it is not saving them at all. Also, it seems to have the correct network operator selected, but it cannot connect to it, nor is the network operator search able to complete. And the accelerometer definitely does not work.

Maybe doing a full Titanium Backup followed by a factory reset and then a reinstall of whatever SwiftDroid version will do the trick?

[edit] BTW, the phone reports having Android v2.3.7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones