• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

Please help!!!
The flashing from android 2.1 to android 2.3.4 was successful.
However, the phone just keeps crashing now showing messages such as

"The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" :(
And it continuously goes around in a loop

and the settings of the phone cannot be accessed. It shpws up with a similar message.

Is it still possible to roll back to stock rom?

Upvote 0
Please help!!!

and the settings of the phone cannot be accessed. It shows up with a similar message.

Upvote 0
Please help!!!

and the settings of the phone cannot be accessed. It shows up with a similar message.

What was the last thing you did? If it was using the KDZ updater program, then you've only half completed the process. Read through the first post again!

Upvote 0
Hi, I've just run thst kdz program and now my phone's running really well on 2.1update1 v20b with the 2.6.29 kernel.

My question is, where to from here? Apparently CM7 2.3.7 is the best rom, but I don't entirely understand the instructiond to upgrade...

It says: "To install through fastboot and erase all your data, all you have to do is put the phone into fastboot mode like you did when you first installed CyanogenMod, power off the phone and hold the camera button all the way in and turn on the phone. Make sure to hold the camera button while the LG logo is on the screen. A blank screen will then show. The phone is now in fastboot mode. All you have to do now is download the most recent .exe file, (link to all versions the higher the version number, the most recent it is) then open it and it'll install the most recent version for you"

"like you did when you first installed CyanogenMod" - I didn't though, KDZ does it all for you? Does this mean I put the phone in USB debug and connect it to the computer again? Or do you put it on the sd card and do it just on the phone?

I'm just trying to undersatnd what it means. Can anybody help me out please?

Upvote 0
Hi, I've just run thst kdz program and now my phone's running really well on 2.1update1 v20b with the 2.6.29 kernel.

My question is, where to from here? Apparently CM7 2.3.7 is the best rom, but I don't entirely understand the instructiond to upgrade...

It says: "To install through fastboot and erase all your data, all you have to do is put the phone into fastboot mode like you did when you first installed CyanogenMod, power off the phone and hold the camera button all the way in and turn on the phone. Make sure to hold the camera button while the LG logo is on the screen. A blank screen will then show. The phone is now in fastboot mode. All you have to do now is download the most recent .exe file, (link to all versions the higher the version number, the most recent it is) then open it and it'll install the most recent version for you"

"like you did when you first installed CyanogenMod" - I didn't though, KDZ does it all for you? Does this mean I put the phone in USB debug and connect it to the computer again? Or do you put it on the sd card and do it just on the phone?

I'm just trying to undersatnd what it means. Can anybody help me out please?

Okay, you're a bit confused here.

What happens, is that the KDZ program, installs 2.1, but with Fastboot. Fastboot is the protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition images. But some people have found, that after flashing the 2.1 Fasboot KDZ, when booting, the phone displays a bunch of force close errors. But it doesn't matter, since you're meant to flash CyangogenMod at this point.

Now that you've installed the Fastboot KDZ, you boot the phone into Fastboot, and run the .exe file to install CyanogenMod. Then when you boot, you'll have CyanogenMod 7 - Android 2.3.

Upvote 0
Oh, Sorry.
I was reading the whole thing wrong.

So I tried to do it the way you described but it isn't working for some reason.
Since I did the 2.1 updade, it doesn't have an lg/load screen. It just stays black until it illuminates (but still blank screen, just lit up). It's a bit hard to tell whether it's in fastboot or not. It installed the 'Bootloader' driver on my pc, so I assume it works. When I run the .exe, however, it just downloads alll of the files in about 5-10 mins. Says 'Connect phone in fastboot mode to usb and hit ok' and then spends about 30 seconds on a progress bar. Then says the phone has 2.3 on it now. When I turn it on, it's like nothing's happened.

Thanks for replying by the way, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
dudeman, pls a bit of help
I am running 2.1 official version of android on my gt540, and I wanna upgrade it's OS, preferably to cyanogenmod... What method do you recommand me and what programs do I need for it (because I need to download them to a memory stick to be able to use them, at home I am having internet connection issues) to get them from another computer... Hope I have made myself clear.

Another thing, I don't know if it's relevant but... there it is, though I have the 2.1 version, I get the same black screen but lit-up when I turn my phone on, it stays that way for about 30 sec, and then it request's the PIN code... etc. it's kind of annoying...

I await to hear from you, here or trough a PM.

All the best.

Upvote 0
dudeman, pls a bit of help
I am running 2.1 official version of android on my gt540, and I wanna upgrade it's OS, preferably to cyanogenmod... What method do you recommand me and what programs do I need for it (because I need to download them to a memory stick to be able to use them, at home I am having internet connection issues) to get them from another computer... Hope I have made myself clear.

Another thing, I don't know if it's relevant but... there it is, though I have the 2.1 version, I get the same black screen but lit-up when I turn my phone on, it stays that way for about 30 sec, and then it request's the PIN code... etc. it's kind of annoying...

I await to hear from you, here or trough a PM.

All the best.

Sorry for the late reply.. I don't check these forums as often as I used to now that I have a new phone.

There's only one method to use, you flash a fastboot KDZ, then use the installer to install CyanogenMod. It's all in the first post. The only thing that isn't, is an installer that contains all the files for offline use; the installer in the first post downloads the files from the internet. I'm compiling the offline installer now and I'll edit this post once I get a link up.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Reactions: antimulte
Upvote 0
Thanks for the pack, but I have another issue now, I can't put my phone into fastboot mode, regardless of the V20b with fastboot that it's running curently. If I press the camera and power button, nothing happens it does't turn on or anything. :(
Do I need to use another combination of keys?

L.E.
I made it, now I have the 2.3.7 on my device and I love it. But I still have the same issue when I power up the phone, it vibrates, then it stays off about 20 sec before the screen lights up and it's black, after it goes off, when I press a key it shows finally an image. It's a soft or a hard problem?

Upvote 0
Dear dude man
I am having few problems after updating it .
1-When i play videos or streeam it .it appears with black lines passing through it
:(:(:(:(:(:(
2-my phone get hang when it is in lock mode .i have to put off the battery and again insert it
3- my phone says force close even game is running background

Please help me :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 weeks nobody solve my question ,so please took regard in this matter as soon as possible dudeman

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones