1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

UPDATED *** 8-12-12 ***Rooted OTA (2.11.605.19) Files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jrocker23, Dec 20, 2011.

1. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Thanks..I meant to post that stuff in this thread... Guess I forgot where I was,lol :eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast

Ok downloading now.. Thanks

3. Jrocker23

Got the official ICS OTA Rom & radios. Will start working on it tonight...

Almaretto and scotty85 like this.
  4. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

:rock: :rock: :rock:

5. scotty85

A full signed ruu? Can you share it? :)

6. Jrocker23

Sure, when I get home, I can post it for you. Still at work

7. scotty85

Cool,thanks. No big hurry. Ill need to update the back to stock guides at some point.

Wonder how many OTAs it will take them to get ICS right,lol. :p

I've been on it all day with the old hboot and not had any noticeable prollems.

8. proskier

proskier Newbie

My phone tried to take the ICS and I'm getting the little android blue guy with exclamation mark... can you provide any updates? Normally I only take your ROM.

9. Jrocker23

I'm working on a rom now. There have been some minor issues but getting there.. I will have it up as soon as can.

Sotty, I haven't forgotten you. I will upload the Rom. It seems to be a mix of gingerbread and ics. Also it's rooted. I deleted the stock one by accident & only have rooted right now

10. DRGW3001

DRGW3001 Lurker

I'm hoping this new radio will cure the constant problem of my data connection dropping. It bounces up and down all the time and has since the last update, and I've been forced to suck it up and just deal with it, unable to find a fix. When this happens, both LTE and EVDO connections drop. Extremely annoying!

11. marcantonio

marcantonio Newbie

I had the same problem. Boot into recovery and clear cache and davlik cache. Worked for me.

12. Weidbrewer

Weidbrewer Lurker

Aw, crap....my phone's trying to auto update again and-

-Okay. Never mind then. I'm keep my pants on for now.

Note: I really thought that renaming the otacerts file was supposed to prevent these autho update from happening...

13. eighty7ss

eighty7ss Lurker

This is one of the things that worried me most about rooting for the first time last month. I am now being forced to update by my phone (Thunderbolt). I feel stuck. I have read and read and begging for help now. I can't use my phone b/c after 2-3 minutes it automatically shuts off and tries to update. I guess the root blocks the update by changing the box to an ( ! ) point inside a triangle. I tried going to boot screen to clear cache, but every time I press "recovery" it just moves me to the update screen again. So being very new and green at this can someone please help me get to the point where I can at least for now use my phone. Then I would love to flash the new rom for the update. I am taking advise from you on where and how to do the new update. I used the Revolutionary root. Thanks so much!!!

14. Buddha64

Buddha64 Android Enthusiast

Even after renaming the OTACerts.zip file, the update still tried to download. It may not have tried to install, but the continual downloading was annoying. A little googling suggested freezing the Updater program (also Upgrade Setup, but I don't know if that has any effect). I use System Tuner to freeze because you don't need a premium version like TiBu. No more downloading...

scotty85 likes this.
  15. scotty85

renaming OTAcerts does still allow the update to download,as youve found. good info on freezing the updater :smokingsomb:

16. Weidbrewer

Weidbrewer Lurker

I think I'm still missing something. 'certs is renamed (dotacerts.bak) and Updater 2.3.000.360778.605 is frozen...but updates still try to DL and install.

17. Buddha64

Have you tried clearing caches? I saw that somewhere here, I think.

18. Weidbrewer

Weidbrewer Lurker

Yep.

19. Buddha64

The update tried to run yesterday. Thought I had it solved, then found this running still:

"com.smithmicro.DM is an Android process used by the Smith Micro Firmware Update Management Object (FUMO). This updates the firmware on your device when updates are made available."

So, I've frozen this, and we'll see if the update tries to run again. I'll just keep freezing til the phone stops working.

20. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

Also freeze MCC_OTA.

21. Buddha64

That was already frozen on my phone, but didn't stop the phone from trying to download the updated again yesterday.

22. Weidbrewer

Weidbrewer Lurker

Yeah...I tried that...

It sat there on the "working" screen saying that it was freezing it for an hour and then at some point my phone rebooted. Now when I go into Tibu, I can't change anything - it says "Waring - System configuration. Your system settings may cause problems. To correct this, go to your phone's Settings, then in "Applications" then in "Development" and tick the "USB debugging" checkbox."

EDIT: Oops - meant to quote the post with "com.smithmicro.DM" in it. Rebooted phone again and was able to get back in. It's frozen, but the phone itself is running sluggish.

23. Weidbrewer

Weidbrewer Lurker

Any word on an updated rom?

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews