• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UPDATED *** 8-12-12 ***Rooted OTA (2.11.605.19) Files

JRocker,

I'm running Liquid Sense 3.2 but am having problems with it recognizing my sd card, so someone recommended that I use your rooted stock version...but I have a question...

Will I need to flash a new radio?

Here's the info on the radio that I'm currently using: 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2.

The radio is fine. You can use any gingerbread radio that is out. There are newer radios out but if you want to use what you have, thats fine. Im running the radios from the last official verizon .9 ota

Upvote 0
The radio is fine. You can use any gingerbread radio that is out. There are newer radios out but if you want to use what you have, thats fine. Im running the radios from the last official verizon .9 ota

Great!

This brings up another question...

What is the major difference between radios? Is the one that you linked newer/faster than the MR2 radio that I have? Could I use your radio on other custom ROM's such as Liquid Sense?

Upvote 0
Great!

This brings up another question...

What is the major difference between radios? Is the one that you linked newer/faster than the MR2 radio that I have? Could I use your radio on other custom ROM's such as Liquid Sense?

Every new version of radio is supposedly built to work better with the towers, be more stable and give you an overall better connection and performance. Try flashing different radios and see what works for you.

I personally get the best with the .9 release radios but I can tell you that at least for me that the newer radios work better than what your running now at least in my case...

You can use different radios on almost any rom. Just remember to make sure ur using gingernbread radio with gingerbread roms and such because some older radios wont work with gingerbread such as the mr1 & some of the mr2 radios..

Upvote 0
JRocker,

I installed the radio that you linked and the debloated and deodexed ROM...

It runs great, but my market freezes each time it tries updating an app.

Any suggestions?

No market issues with rom that im aware of. It may have.something to do with google.market being udated to.google play

Upvote 0
When I switch to 3G (CDMA only), I only get 1X service, not 3G.

As for.your issues, did you have a custom rom before or were u stock or stock rooted. If you came.from another rom that wasnt a stock rom then your issues may be because you didnt do a full wipe.

You can go.into recovery and wipe davlik & partition caches and see if it helps, otherwise you may have to full wipe.

A wipe should always be done when changing roms completely. My roms dont wipe so if.you forget to backup an app or something, you wont lose it or if you want to flash my updates over my previous rom

Upvote 0
As for.your issues, did you have a custom rom before or were u stock or stock rooted. If you came.from another rom that wasnt a stock rom then your issues may be because you didnt do a full wipe.

You can go.into recovery and wipe davlik & partition caches and see if it helps, otherwise you may have to full wipe.

A wipe should always be done when changing roms completely. My roms dont wipe so if.you forget to backup an app or something, you wont lose it or if you want to flash my updates over my previous rom

Yes, I did use a custom rom before. Before I flashed yours, I wipe data, formatted data, wiped cache partition, and wiped dalvik cache. Is that a full wipe?

If I select EvDO only, I get a 3G signal, but I run on Verizon so that doesn't work. When I select CDMA only, I get 1X. When I select CDMA+LTE I get 4G.

Upvote 0
I just got a new thunderbolt and it has 2.11.605.9. It's not rooted yet because revolutionary wouldn't run on my version. Can I go into Recovery and install this from my SD card? Or do I have to downgrade and root it first?

Unfortunately no, you have to be rooted first. Once you downgrade, you can use this to upgrade back to .9...

Upvote 0
I remember you from The Eris..thanks for creating this.. still using the stock / rooted. So before I flash I need to wipe all?
Radio should be flashed thru hboot ??
Also is it advisable to remove the sim card before flashing the radio
Had tons of issues flashing thru Odin and the droid charge whereas the sim card failed ..

Thankyou

Upvote 0
I remember you from The Eris..thanks for creating this.. still using the stock / rooted. So before I flash I need to wipe all?
Radio should be flashed thru hboot ??
Also is it advisable to remove the sim card before flashing the radio
Had tons of issues flashing thru Odin and the droid charge whereas the sim card failed ..

Thankyou

Hey, how are you? You can flash this right over your stock rooted setup with no problem. Radios get flashed same way as always and no need to remove the sim card, I haven't heard any issues regarding that.

One thing I will mention and it was pretty rare but the .09 update had a fix for the ringtones so they wouldn't change on their own. Some people who never had that issue before the .09 update started getting it once they go the OTA or flashed the .09 root version. The only way to fix it if you get it is to factory reset.

It happened to me but only the factory reset fixed it.
Im not saying it will happen to you but just want to advise

Upvote 0
I'm been real good...glad to see you still involved with dev .. esp on the TB.

Had 6 Samsung Charges..after the 6th one ..I had enough. Verizon was very nice to switch me to the TB. Enjoy the phone..but got very bored not having it rooted. Was able to do it with assistance of Trter10 in The TB forums ..he created a tool to bypass the downgrade...worked like a charm.

Thanks for the response and I will be flashing this tonight..keep up your excellent work.

*Update 3/15*- Flashed this and love the quickness and stability ..Will stay on this until a similar ICS setup comes along..

Thankyou ..

Upvote 0
I'm been real good...glad to see you still involved with dev .. esp on the TB.

Had 6 Samsung Charges..after the 6th one ..I had enough. Verizon was very nice to switch me to the TB. Enjoy the phone..but got very bored not having it rooted. Was able to do it with assistance of Trter10 in The TB forums ..he created a tool to bypass the downgrade...worked like a charm.

Thanks for the response and I will be flashing this tonight..keep up your excellent work.

*Update 3/15*- Flashed this and love the quickness and stability ..Will stay on this until a similar ICS setup comes along..

Thankyou ..

As soon as I can get an ICS RUU, I will get a rooted version out. I will definitely post it here as well

Upvote 0
Newest Gingerbread leak for Thunderbolt - 2.11.605.19

*** New radios for this release - 1.49.00.0406w_1 / 0.01.79.0331w_1 *** http://www.4shared.c...Ro/PG05IMG.html
(MD5 - 811F03F5DF178AD7898535C860024DD1)

***Updated the Roms*** Should be a little faster & smoother as well as some under the hood tweaks***

If any one needs the new OTA rooted, here are my links if iht helps..

I have a rooted version only 3.2 Ginger_BreadRock_V3.2_2.11.605.19.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Joe
(MD5 -842F9C1DE973215738D9894A6FD8F8C1

and a rooted, debloated, deodexed & ziplign version 3.3
http://www.4shared.com/zip/uNDxsaEW/GingerBreadRock_V_33_-_2116051.html
(MD5 - 43A42D0D1475F574CEFC959D5451AAB6)

For Update Information & If you want to check my work, you can go here http://www.htcthunde...gerbread-leak)/

PM or post here if you have any questions...

Hi JRocker ..This is newer than what you posted in December?? In what way? Do I need to clear all cache and data before flashing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones