• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated Droid to 2.2 now terrible reception

nomadz

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
So 2 weeks ago, i updated my droid to Froyo/2.2 and my reception has went in the toilet. I can't even talk in my house anymore... Can anyone help.

I didn't do an OTA update, i followed a website that was for VZW which is my carrier and said it was the same update. No custom roms or any custom software....

MIN 3309909987 (not my phone number)
PRL 40067
Signal Strength -83 dBm 0 asu
Mobile network type CDMA - EvDo rev .A

i've tried that on more than one occasion since this has happened and it hasnt helped. It's really weird, i used to get full signal in my basement or in my garage, now my call drops very often.. I have dropped less than 10 calls since i've gotten my droid before 2 weeks ago.. Since i've done the udpate i drop 2-4 calls a day usually while i'm sitting still in my office or in my parking garage.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem, except now the caller on the other end can not hear me at all and thinks the call has ended. I can hear them fine. I did the *228 and it has not helped at all. I am going to call Verizon and see if they can help me. The closest store for me to travel to for help is almost 2 hours away.

Upvote 0
but the "latest" does not mean it is the best for you and your area. My buddy and I, living 2 blocks apart with Droids, had 2 different basebands and he got better signal in my house - I even took photos to prove it at the time.

So, point is, in root, with Rom Manager, you can select and try different basebands and just because it is the newest it is better. try some, find out on your own what works. I did and found the "official" C_01.43.01P, as there was another C_01.43.01P that was different they found out, works better for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones