• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated from 1.28 to 1.47 and got the gingerbread 2.3.5 update straight away.

ripper1001

Lurker
Dec 19, 2011
Just to let you all know that like many others on this forum i was waiting for the sense 3 update. After waiting over 7 weeks i decided to give it a go myself. Went on the the xda forum and downloaded the 1.47 update to my phone. I then connected to my wireless and searched for updates and the 2.3.5 update popped up straight away. Happy as a pig in sh1te :)

There's a thread further down which links to the xda forum with more info.

But worked out very simple for me:

Download the following file:
RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.47.401.4_Radio_20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199410_signed
from here: FileFactory Folder view - Saga

Connect phone to PC (I ended up installing HTC sync, but not sure I had to)

Run the exe you downloaded. (This will fully wipe your phone, but didn't take too long to get everything back as it was)

Once complete (takes some time), unplug phone, check for updates and then it auto downloads the new Android 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0.

Can't guarantee anything, but worked well for me. Pleased with the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones