• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated Modem, but now going back with Oden?

EAD13721

Aug 31, 2010
I updated my Syndicate Rom but am getting fc's in different programs, or constant fc's or the the whole phone freezes. I'm going to wipe my phone back to factory for now before I choose if I want to reroot and put a new rom or do whatever. I just want a stable phone for the moment.

Anyways, to update my syndicate the other day I had to update the modem. Do I have to do anything now that I'm dropping back down to DI18 <I think? (Until it updates)

Thanks

Nope. You can keep the modem at EC05 and everything should work fine.

Kelmar, I was hoping you can help me. I rooted my daughter's phone with CWM5 and flashed midnight 4.2. Some of the apps like swype and launcher pro are force closing or not working and she's pissed at me. Is there anyway I can flash the new stock ROM while rooted with EXT4? What is the best and easiest way to get her back to stock so everything works but give her wifi tether access?

Upvote 0
Kelmar, I was hoping you can help me. I rooted my daughter's phone with CWM5 and flashed midnight 4.2. Some of the apps like swype and launcher pro are force closing or not working and she's pissed at me. Is there anyway I can flash the new stock ROM while rooted with EXT4? What is the best and easiest way to get her back to stock so everything works but give her wifi tether access?

Did you wipe everything 3x? If not wipe everything 3x(data, cache and dalvik cache) and flash the rom again in recovery. That should fix the issue.

Reactions: douglaslem88
Upvote 0
Did you wipe everything 3x? If not wipe everything 3x(data, cache and dalvik cache) and flash the rom again in recovery. That should fix the issue.

I wiped 5 times and flashed 4.0, then 4.2 over it. I kept getting a google error at sign in. I rewiped and reflashed and it worked on the 4th try. Weird.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones