• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {!UPDATED NOV 1ST!} [ICS Theme] GingerCream for 2.3.6!

Introducing GingerCream:
a ICS theme for the Official 2.3.6 Update!

UPDATED 11/1/12! CHECK FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW!

GingerCream is a nice ol' ICS theme for the Official 2.3.6 Update with Holo Launcher included! It's mostly themed with GIMP. The ones I couldn't quite theme were taken from CM9 ;)

Instructions, download links, and credits are below!

Before installing, please make sure you are running THE MPCS 2.3.6 UPDATE or any 2.3.6 Based rom.

Download the 2.3.6 Update HERE

Downloads!

GingerCream v1.0 download HERE
GingerCream v1.1 download HERE

Mirrors for both downloads: HERE

How to install

1. Download the GingerCream.zip (Version 1.0)
2. Download the GingerCream2.zip (Version 1.1)
3. Put both zips on your SD Card
4. Boot into CWM
5. Go to Mounts and Storage
6. Mount /system and /data
7. Flash GingerCream.zip FIRST (Skip unless you installed already)
8. Then flash GingerCream2.zip
9. Reboot and profit from ICS awesomeness!

Change log

v1.1:
Fixed charging animation (thanks kagebeast :D)
Themed regular screenlock
Themed pattern screenlock

v1.0:
First release.

Features in future releases

v2.0:
Battery icons/charging animation will be rethemed
Better ICS background
Rethemed lockscreen
ICS themed Mms.apk
ICS themed Phone.apk
ICS themed Contacts.apk

v2.1 (FINAL RELEASE):
To Be Determined

Credits

Killah1996 for some of the status bar icons from GreenEarth :p
ThatBlackWolf for testing :D
The makers of GIMP for an awesome piece of software ;)

Picturez!

device_2012_11_01_232148.png

device_2012_11_01_232340.png

device_2012_11_01_232847.png

device_2012_11_01_232958.png

device_2012_11_01_232935.png

device_2012_11_01_232110.png

2012_10_27_19_24_35.jpg

device_2012_11_01_232308.png

device_2012_11_01_232456.png

When creating this theme did you edit any xmls? Also you should have added screen shots of other things like the settings screen and the buttons and notifications, etc.

But i do commend you. I tried to do an ics theme on 2.3.6 and i kept getting fc's.

No, I don't even know how to edit xmls :eek: I mean I know how its just I don't know what to edit and stuff. When you were theming did you use a 2.3.4 SysUI.apk and framework.apk? Because that's what I did on my first try along with adding Holo to the zip. I got conflicts from the stock launcher and Holo and certaint things from the 2.3.6 framework were missing so the lockscreen and status bar kept Force Closing. Theming the 2.3.6 apks instead of the 2.3.4 apks allowed it to work. Took me all day, but I did it :D
Sent from my potato

Upvote 0
No, I don't even know how to edit xmls :eek: I mean I know how its just I don't know what to edit and stuff. When you were theming did you use a 2.3.4 SysUI.apk and framework.apk? Because that's what I did on my first try along with adding Holo to the zip. I got conflicts from the stock launcher and Holo and certaint things from the 2.3.6 framework were missing so the lockscreen and status bar kept Force Closing. Theming the 2.3.6 apks instead of the 2.3.4 apks allowed it to work. Took me all day, but I did it :D
Sent from my potato

Well to fix the charge stuck at 5% you'll have to decompile your framework-res and go the drawable folder. You're gonna have to edit stat_sys_battery_charge and stat_sys_battery_charge_err. If you look at those you'll find out why it's stuck at that.

Reactions: twogbsd
Upvote 0
If you're using 5% (same goes for 1%) battery increments make sure you have the proper number of pngs (Look at the unthemed rom framework and count the charging animations.) and that they're numbered properly that will solve your charging animation issue.

Lol ty I will look into it ;)

Sent from my potato

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones