1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

updated now not rooted.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rhoto, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rhoto

rhoto Guest

I recently rooted my boost mobile LG Marquee well a phone update came up to update my phone so I did the update. So my phone rebooted after the update and now superuser is just chillin on my phone and now my phone isn't rooted any longer...(root checker basic).... its like my phone thinks its rooted but its not I've tried everything to remove superuser so that I can reroot my phone..i also dont see su in system/bin... i do see superuser in system/apps.... but I'm lost n have ran out of options.. I've tried root explorer... root uninstall... I've restored my phone many times but its still there chillin... I've even tried running the root process over n over nothing works... I'm in need of some help... lol... TY in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ndno

ndno Well-Known Member

Apparently you haven't read any of ZVC update posts all over this forum. If you have a ZV9-rooted phone you can't just install the stock ZVC update over it; it will remove your root access, as well as CWM. You can only use a ZVC update that has been modified by one of the cooks, like Monster's (in his MB ROM thread) if you want to keep root access. Go read the other threads and make sure you read everything before you ask the same question again; all the answers and solutions are in there.

3. rhoto

rhoto Guest

lol... i dont know what zv9 is.... i'm new to all this rooting of phones... n i seen the problem with sprint but i have boost.... BTW thanks for ur snappy dont post here the answers to ur problem is over there response

4. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

anyway u can adb pull the boot.img and recovery.img for us?

5. rhoto

rhoto Guest

can u please explain?

6. Bionic Chronic

Bionic Chronic Android Enthusiast

I am not sure if the update blocks the exploit used, but this is an idea that I just wanted to ask you and see what you think for those that updated and cannot root:
    Possible or Not?

7. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

are u familiar with adb?

Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    2. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/boot.img
    3. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
    Then upload those files for us off your sdcard

8. rhoto

rhoto Guest

no.... sorry

it says permission denied

9. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Android Enthusiast

Sorry bud, but you are SOL. The official phone update blocks the current available exploits that install root. While Superuser and many of your existing apps are still present after the update, root is gone and Superuser won't function correctly anymore.

The update also removes any custom recovery roms like ClockWorkMod, so you won't be able to do anything right now. You'll just have to wait till someone finds a new exploit I'm afraid.

10. rhoto

rhoto Guest

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews