• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated Odin Images Available - Latest T-Mobile Stock

Regardless of how we get it to flash I figured out a way to safely test recovery images without risking the ability to flash back.

Just flash the recovery as the kernel! The partitions are the same size and both RAW file systems, with an ELF binary starting at offset 0x00. They should be completely compatible. The phone will boot right into the new recovery for testing, and if it is non-functional, the original recovery is still untouched. Start up in download mode to flash back the kernel image and the phone is like new.

The trick is still getting Odin or another method to flash the recovery, but once we find it testing can start right away :cool:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing lol..... I'll have to try that in the morning..

Upvote 0
Still waiting for reboot....
<1> amss download..
<1> 1/3 Finished.
<1> kernel download..
<1> 2/3 Finished.
<1> system download..

stuck looking at this in odin and timer is at 9min

Did the file load into Odin without any errors?

It looks like you are using the Update package. This one poses practically no risk of damaging your phone if it fails to flash. If it continues to sit there just restart Odin and try again.

Upvote 0
So which Android version will this give me? Can you post what is customized in the ROM that you have included in the ODIN files? i.e. is it just the TWiz taken out or ....?

I have been using the galaxy ROM on my BHII and like how fast it is. The only bummer to me is the 1.5 Android so I am hoping this at least gives the 1.6?

Thanks for your hardwork regardless!

Upvote 0
So which Android version will this give me? Can you post what is customized in the ROM that you have included in the ODIN files? i.e. is it just the TWiz taken out or ....?

I have been using the galaxy ROM on my BHII and like how fast it is. The only bummer to me is the 1.5 Android so I am hoping this at least gives the 1.6?

Thanks for your hardwork regardless!

There are not customizations in this ROM - it is still Android 1.5.

It gives you the official T-Mobile UVJA3 firmware build without having to wait for it to be downloaded to your phone over the Internet. Some people still haven't gotten the OTA update even though it came out a month ago. There are also reports that you can only get the OTA update once - so if you flash another ROM and want to go back, the only way to get the updated firmware is with this.

I've posted a link (http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/54424-creating-custom-roms-backups-odin.html) so other ROM builders can use this method to create easy to use Odin files.

Reactions: mykel
Upvote 0
Hey everyone i have a problem i download the file and i tried too extract the samsung adb driver but it gave me an error screen shot below please help me out or can you re uploaded on another mirror because i think the file on there server is corrupted.

errormessage.jpg

Upvote 0
So I have a question that I didn't see answered in this thread. Since I never got the update and am still on the old baseband, if I flash to the new base band and then got back to using BH_MAN's No/Twiz rom will it revert back to the old baseband?

The reason I ask is because with BH_MAN's latest 1.5 stock android rom I still have the proximity sensory bug. I was curious if flashing these files than back to his rom will help at all.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Ok thanks. I have another question for whatever reason I can't root not now that I have done a full flash with the updated files. Is there something we have to do different with the updated stock T-mobile rom to root now. I keep getting permission denied when trying to adb push try3 (first step in persistent root instructions).

Upvote 0
Ok thanks. I have another question for whatever reason I can't root not now that I have done a full flash with the updated files. Is there something we have to do different with the updated stock T-mobile rom to root now. I keep getting permission denied when trying to adb push try3 (first step in persistent root instructions).

I've gotten root just fine on my device. Is it failing on "adb push try3 /data/local" or somewhere else?

Upvote 0
I think the latest ROM is set up as root already, try typing su.

BH_Man's is but not mine. I was only aiming to have a pure stock ROM (but updated) so it was left out.

btbarr,

If your goal is to get one of BH_Man's ROMs on you don't need to get root at any point. Just flash with Odin and it bypasses the need for root.

Upvote 0
Ok just an update for anyone who might want to know. After doing the full flash to the updated stock t-mobile rom my baseband changed to the new one, but my kernel stayed to what it was when I flashed BH_MAN's latest stock no twiz adroid 1.5 rom. I couldn't get root working so I figured it would just flash back to BH_MAN's rom since I would rather have the bloatware gone than the t-mobile updated stock rom with not root. After doing so I noticed that My baseband remained at UVJA3. Also, my phone seems to be running smoother than before when I was on BH_MAN's rom and the proximity sensor issue I had before with the extremely long delay has been fixed.

I don't know if any of that information will help anyone, but I hope it does some how.

Upvote 0
Ok just an update for anyone who might want to know. After doing the full flash to the updated stock t-mobile rom my baseband changed to the new one, but my kernel stayed to what it was when I flashed BH_MAN's latest stock no twiz adroid 1.5 rom. I couldn't get root working so I figured it would just flash back to BH_MAN's rom since I would rather have the bloatware gone than the t-mobile updated stock rom with not root. After doing so I noticed that My baseband remained at UVJA3. Also, my phone seems to be running smoother than before when I was on BH_MAN's rom and the proximity sensor issue I had before with the extremely long delay has been fixed.

I don't know if any of that information will help anyone, but I hope it does some how.

That is probably because my ROM updates the AMSS. I think BH_Man left it out.

I don't know why you couldn't get root before.

Enjoy your phone!

Upvote 0
That is probably because my ROM updates the AMSS. I think BH_Man left it out.

I don't know why you couldn't get root before.

Enjoy your phone!

Yeah i'm not sure why I couldn't get past the first step in the root process. When I typed adb devices my phone showed up but it wouldn't let me do anything with adb shell. I would show up with the $, but gave me the premission denied when trying to push try 3.

Regardless of that though between having the updated baseband along with BH_MAN's stock No/Twiz rom my phone is running smoother and faster than it ever has before. I mean before doing the update odin the phone worked fine nothing really forced closed or anything but it seemed to be unpolished if that makes any sense.

Just to be clear I don't think this was BH_MAN's rom's fault or anything like that. Seems like the fixes that the t-mobile update had + BH_MAN's odin stock rom = one happy Behold 2 user. Thank you both and anyone who helped you for all of your work. I've always liked this phone a lot unlike some people, and even got it running pretty smoothly with long battery life before doing anything to it except rooting and removing as much bloatware as I could, but not I am absolutely loving my phone. I'm even happy enough with it I'm gonna hold off on moving to 1.6 until it's even more stable and we can get things like swype and the samsung camera to work if it's even possible since I don't know anything about the developing process.

Sorry this was so long. Thank you again for all your work out there guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones