• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updated ROMs List with themes (1/18/2013)

Tattooedgod

Android Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2012
New Hampshire
This is for the new to the scene. I'm not the creators just listing out your options. Newer releases first. Always remember to thank the people that made all this possible. Hope all the creators don't mind me linking to there pages, this is to make finding and using your wonderful creations easier for the new to this world. I was there once and just would like to help. Please this is my first tread will be updated and improving. Remember to always follow the directions given on creator's threads. Any suggestions please feel free. Will be adding a theme section soon.

P.S. If any creators would like to be removed please just let me know.

Disclaimer: Neither myself or the developers are responsible for any damage you do to your phone. All of our files/development are tested extensively by several testers and are not released untill all bugs have been corrected. If you are not familiar with these methods, I'd suggest that you do some research elsewhere to better understand before you attempt anything on your device.

Modded ROMs :

1.) Megatron 6.x.x [10/2/2012] (Supports Boost and Sprint) => Link

Themes : (These themes will not work on Megatron 6.0.4 [newest version])

A.) [Slayer72]Pink => Link

B.) [Slayer72]Green => Link

C.) [Slayer72]Glorious Sunshine => Link

D.) [xaelith]Simple Red and Green => Link

and MORE on the Megatron Thread => Link
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) EXPLOSION ROM Formaly Ultra Rom VERSION 4.1.0 [9/27/2012] (Boost only) => Link Download : Link

Themes :

A.) Green => Link

B.) Pink => Link

C.) Stock Blue => Link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) CTMod 3.x.x [12/5/2012] (Supports Boost and Sprint) => Link

Themes :

A.) WP7 Style Blue => Link

More theme info on CTMod Thread => Link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.) iDEV => Link

5.) NEW!! Boost/Sprint FF27 Update Rooted Final Ver{8/1/12} (Supports Boost and Sprint) => Link

6.) Loota's bear necessities rom 2.3.6 with WIFI FIX (Boost Only) => Link

7.) Prime rom: UPDATED 3/5/12 (Boost Only) => Link

8.) Star-ScROM (Supports Boost and Sprint) {Download Links no longer work} => Link

9.) MrRee???RoM -v.0.4 1/12/2012 (Tested on Boost) => Link

10.) LeWa OS Beta 1 => Link

And to get this done the CWM you'll need => Link

If you would like to do your own themes then this is where you want to go [UOT] => Link

To fix google talk authentication failed => Link

Returning to Stock info

THANKS TO :

chevanlol360
mavrikmeercat
Bads3ctor
Interdpth
Loota
Bloodawn
BobZhome
ibrickphones
Davegrow
utkanos
xaelith
Slayer72
And thanks to any I missed.

Well I hope this help anyone who's interested. This is a small amount of info if you need more check out => Link

Remember to THANK if this helped.

Where's my Sprint backup? :p (just kidding...no need to link it)

Just a suggestion, though...might help to put somewhere what carrier the ROM supports, as well (like Megatron and CTMod support both Sprint and Boost, but Prime is Boost only). From my beginning days with the TU, it was frustrating to have to sift through 400+ posts in a thread to try to figure out if the ROM was gonna work with my phone or not, only to discover it wouldn't, or worse yet, come up without a definitive answer. Plus, not everyone looks before they leap, and then they blame the person who "suggested" the incompatible ROM. ;)

Reactions: Tattooedgod
Upvote 0
Thanks I'm going to be keeping this up to date best I can. I'm hoping this will clear up options for the new and maybe keep developers striving to surpass themselves and other developers. That's how all advancements keep progressing , but as long as its all fun. And hopefully to promote new developers into this world and not be so overwhelmed by the info.:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones