1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updated root instructions for Samsung Galaxy Rush

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by affirmwealth, Oct 23, 2014.

1. affirmwealth

affirmwealth Newbie

I'm late to the party, but I would like to root my Samsung Galaxy Rush.

Main reason is because I'm out of space and it is completely ignoring my brand-new 8GB SD card.

So I began to follow the instructions, but the file Odin3-v.3.04.zip is corrupted/empty.

Does anyone have an updated list of instructions and files that I can follow?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kskillz

kskillz Well-Known Member

The instructions are the same but I'll check and see if I still have the files you need.

3. affirmwealth

affirmwealth Newbie

I was able to get everything successfully rooted yesterday, and was even able to install the Kit Kat ROM.

But I'm still having the same problem of not being able to install or move any apps to my SD card.

I know my SD card is working because I backed up my apps to it and was able to use Titanium Backup to restore the apps and settings that I still wanted.

A few years ago, I rooted my LG phone as well as my Nook Color, and had no trouble moving apps using Titanium Backup and App2SD.

Not sure what the problem is this time. Any ideas?

4. kskillz

I think u have to use link2sd

5. affirmwealth

affirmwealth Newbie

I tried Link2SD, and got excited because I thought it was going to work, but "no dice".

I think I am supposed to partition my SD card. Do you know anything about that?

6. kskillz

Samsung Galaxy Rush Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rush release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews