• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated rooted device

Trerani

Lurker
Jun 18, 2017
I rooted my QTAQZ3 ellipsis 8 with KingRoot and then tried to do an update on my device. Update downloaded but when I tried to install it the screen went black. Now when I try to power it on it shows the red ellipsis powered by android screen then the screen goes black but it's still powered on. I have been able to get to the Android recovery screen and have tried everything that Verizon suggested to reboot it. Last night they told me there was nothing they could do and I should just junk my device. I have two of them that are locked like this. Isn't there a recovery program to get my system back? Please help!!!

If you're rooted you've voided the warranty.That means No help from your carrier or manufacturer...

Did you make a backup of the factory image first?

Of course not lol. Someone said I needed a flash a ROM??? I assume that's not the same thing that I may or may not have done passing truckers on the interstate in my younger days. Where would I get the ROM?

Upvote 0
I also have this problem. ellipsis 8 QTAQZ3 won't boot past the Verizon screen. Repair center wouldn't do anything for me, even though it's a software issue, because I'm outside of warranty time. Verizon sucks.
All the intelligent people tinkering with droid tablets and no one has an answer on this? I've looked everywhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones