• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated to 2.1, not Vibrating for Notifications

I finally updated to 2.1 yesterday with the SDX kernels, and I've noticed (among other things) that my phone does not vibrate on notifications of e-mail or text messages, even though I'm specifically telling it to do so. It doesn't do it when the phone's on silent, vibrate, or at full volume. In fact, there's a "test" mode in HandcentSMS and ever though vibrate is set to "Always," it doesn't vibrate, even when I tap on "Test notification." Even if I set the main control to vibrate when a call comes in, email and texts still do not cause a vibration.

Has anyone seen this? I apologize if this has already been spotted--if it has, if you could point me to the link, that would be great.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones