• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updated to FroYo, now my Desire doesn't work :(

laurajayne

Lurker
May 14, 2010
Well, I updated my unbranded desire to FroYo, and now I really wish I hadn't.

Anything that requires data is b*****d.

My email is no longer push - I have to go in and manually refresh - which takes at least 5 minutes, and in the case of my exchange email, usually results in a sync error.

Twidroyd, Twitter, Peep, Facebook, all timeout whenever I want to refresh them; I may get one proper update a day, but the rest of the time, nada.

Internet is so slow now, I just give up half the time.

WiFi flickers on and off, even though it's set to on all the time.

Anyone got any ideas of stuff I can check, or whether I can un update - I love the aps2sd and stuff, but it's bricked the rest of my phone :( It's getting to the point where I'm actually starting to dislike the phone because it just doesn't work.

Thanks in advance x

Factory reset could be the next option to try. You will lose all your apps but you can download them all again for free after the reset, even any apps you paid for.

I did a reset last week and the backup on my SD card restored my contacts, wi-fi and network settings, text messages, music and pictures. The only thing it didn't restore was the homepage layout and my POP email accounts, which took a few minutes to set up again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones