• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated to ICS: Flash Player No Longer Works?

left4dead

Sep 4, 2010
Since ICS update (non-rooted), I can no longer watch videos on the stock browser. Getting a message that says "Flash Player is not installed." However I do have FP v11 installed from the Play Store but that message keeps displaying whenever I try viewing a stream (ie Justin.tv).

Never had this issue previously with GB, just when I updated to ICS.

Any suggestions?

Enable flash in your browser settings, it is turned off by default

Since ICS update (non-rooted), I can no longer watch videos on the stock browser. Getting a message that says "Flash Player is not installed." However I do have FP v11 installed from the Play Store but that message keeps displaying whenever I try viewing a stream (ie Justin.tv).

Never had this issue previously with GB, just when I updated to ICS.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: left4dead
Upvote 0
I enabled the Flash Player plug-in but video streaming is TERRIBLE on ICS. Super laggy, choppy and constantly freezing. I NEVER had this issue with GB when trying to view Justin.tv.

I even tried other browsers (Skyfire, Opera, Dolphin, etc) and getting the same issue as well.....again which did not occur with GB previously.

I have alreasdy done a factory restore/default as soon as ICS was installed on my device.

I have DISABLED a bunch of stock applications via Settings > Apps > All....but nothing I can think of that relates to video playback or browser compatibility.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones