1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Updated to Marshmallow, Absolutely no noticeable changes

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MoonManeuver, Mar 18, 2016.

1. MoonManeuver

MoonManeuver Newbie
    None

May 27, 2015
    Male
    This morning I decided to try to update to android m for my LG G4 (H812 Canada Variant)

Previously, my device was rooted, so I decided I would do a factory reset, and then flash the stock kdz onto it to try to avoid any and all possible software issues. Then I performed all the app updates.

I then started the update using LG Bridge (because nothing was showing up in the OTA updates check). It said the update was for marshmallow so it sounded like the right one. I did the update, and now everything still looks exactly as it did before (in lollipop), with the notable exception of it claiming to be android 6.0 in the software info, and showing the android M symbol when it's tapped repeatedly.

I've attached a screenshot of the home screen. From what I've seen of android M, there should be at least some noticeable changes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    With manufacturers' overlays in place it can be hard to tell; there's little to distinguish Sony's 6.0.1 from the previous 5.0.2 either. Most of the changes are 'under the hood'.

Brian706 likes this.
  3. MoonManeuver

MoonManeuver Newbie
    None

May 27, 2015
    Male
    Shouldn't it look more like this? I mean obviously other than the wallpaper. Theres different icons, and I'm pretty sure there should be sound changes too.

Attached Files:

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    You're comparing apples and oranges. That is how Marshmallow looks on a nexus device running pure Android. You have an LG device which takes the source code for pure Android and customizes it.

A quick Google search shows that marshmallow on G4 looks just like your device:

[​IMG]

Marshmallow wasn't a big change visually. As @Slug said, it was mostly under the hood changes.

5. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    If you look through your settings, I'd think you can find app permissions.
    Also possibly some settings related to doze and excluding apps from battery optimization.

I do recall when I had a Samsung, the change from Kitkat to Lollipop was very subtle... much less than what the Nexus devices had.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    LG, Samsung, HTC and all others replace icons and apps and make the device look like their own design for the software. You'll never see them look like how Google shows the new OS version.