1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updated!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slippkidd0129, Dec 6, 2013.

1. slippkidd0129

slippkidd0129 Lurker

To my surprise I woke up this morning with the notification that my galaxy S3 was ready for the Jellybean update. I use Virgin Mobile and was under the impression that Virgin wasn't going to push OTA update anytime soon. This was after starting a new topic in the Virgin subforum a few weeks ago. Well, im now updated and so far so good. Its only been a few hours and I haven't yet explored all the new features of 4.3 yet. One thing I have noticed is my 4G LTE coverage is better and stronger. With more use of my phone ill make the decision if I like or dislike the 4.3 update. Im keeping my fingers crossed on some things that may worry me in the future.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your thread to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

... Thom

3. borjis

borjis Well-Known Member

I got the push from virgin as well. Works really good.
    no problems. 3g seems faster. I'm in a weak LTE area.

4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Android Enthusiast

I left SPRINT when I bought my new Samsung S3, and went with Virgin Mobil USA,it was a good choice. I also got updated today and so far all is good.:)

5. joshm662

joshm662 Member

Yep! Got the update last night myself! I was a little worried because I had heard so many issues people were having but I thought there was no way Samsung or VM (whoever is in charge of these rollouts) would keep pushing the update if it were going to cause problems.... So far so good... I haven't really checked out everything (because, honestly, I don't know what's all new lol). If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them! :)

6. borjis

borjis Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the 4.3 issues were with the quad core euro galaxy s 3 models only.

today samsung re-issued that firmware with fixes.

7. slippkidd0129

slippkidd0129 Lurker

After a bit more digging thru the settings and apps to see whats new... im really liking the update. Some new things to get use to but thats the fun part. How has everyone's battery performance been with the new 4.3 update? Mine seems to be about the same and ive noticed a difference in overall performance. Multitasking is quicker and so is switching between apps. The 3G and 4G LTE performance is better too.

8. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that all of you are not rooted. I received the OTA notice
    (Ad nauseam) today on my VM S3and still waiting for a Knox fix or eben better - Kitkat 4.4

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews