• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods updater-script needs help [Root only]

I think I misread you. My bad. So 256 would be the "universal" number.

Besides we would only be talking about millisecond differences in completion anyway.

Yeah, I really don't think you could go wrong with even a higher number (1024, 2048, 4096) even if you were using a really old (2010 :p) device, etc.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
Hey, sorry I crashed a little early last night :).

So, a couple of quick questions / observations:

1. This script will be run from a custom recovery, yes? If so, do you need to make sure that the /data partition is mounted (I don't remember if it's auto-mounted or not) for your backups to the /data/media area?

2. You don't need the semi-colons at the end of the shell script lines. You can use those in a shell script if you want to separate two commands on one line for a shell script. They're still needed in an edify updater-script file, of course.

3. You could do your backup of the fota and misc partitions directly to the /data/media/0/partition_Backup directory instead of moving the files later...saves you a few steps (but think about my earlier question about whether or not /data is already mounted)

Otherwise, it looks pretty straight-forward :).

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones