1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updates to unlisted Android - CUBOT ONE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gbnoir, Dec 9, 2013.

1. gbnoir

gbnoir Lurker

I hope I am in the right forum. I have an unlocked CUBOT ONE android. It has the 4.2 Jelly Bean. I want to know if someone can tell me how do I get updates to changes in the OS?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It looks to me like the CUBOT ONE is a knockoff of the HTC One. We don't normally have a separate forum for these types of devices as there are too many of them and they tend to be under-supported by the manufacturers. While the good news may be you got quite a deal on the device itself, the bad news is that OS updates may never happen.

Updates must be for the specific device or you run the risk of bricking your phone and because there isn't a whole lot of information flowing from the manufacturer -- assuming you can identify the manufacturer at all -- there isn't much development for them.

Perhaps the manufacturer will update it, or there might be a small active dev community for it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sorry.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I've moved this thread to the forum for "Other" android phones and renamed it with the Phone model in the title, where hopefully somebody can definitively answer your question.