1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating 2.2 on rooted phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Limozine, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Limozine

Limozine Lurker

Relative Android newbie here. I bought my first droid (HTC Incredible) a little over a year ago and rooted. Since then it's been ok, but I'm getting more and more "insufficient disk space" and "unable to manage messages", etc. I also get frequent requests to update my phone. I'm thinking a lot of these will go away if I update to something more recent; under Settings > About Phone > Software Information I see that I'm running Android 2.2 and Virtuous v3.2.

I was able to root on my own over a year ago, but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by all of the options whenever I search for something like "update rooted incredible" etc. Basically, I need to know if I should "unroot" first, then update, then "re-root," or is there a way to update without unrooting? If so, is there a link with step-by-step instructions for someone in my situation? I've looked at all of the stickies but I'm not sure which, if any, I should try.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Limozine

Limozine Lurker

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews