1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 18pawansharma, May 31, 2017.

1. 18pawansharma

18pawansharma Lurker

Can I install update which is not available in my country but is available in other countries. HTC desire820s's update for 6.0 is available in Taiwan but is not available in India.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Unlikely. It won't be distributed to you Over The Air, and as your software isn't identical to the Taiwanese version I'd not recommend trying to install the OTA update manually even if the update package would actually install on your phone (which I doubt it would). A full rom would be OK, but those updates (known as RUUs) definitely do check the phone ID and would refuse to update. You can work around that if you modify the software security flag to S-Off, but I don't know whether there is a S-Off method for that phone and you generally have to root it first with recent HTCs even if there is.

tube517 and 18pawansharma like this.
  3. 18pawansharma

18pawansharma Lurker

Whenever I try to check for updates in my HTC desire 820s it says no internet connecting even after having a fast internet connection.How would I get it's update

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it a Taiwan version you've got there? May have to use a VPN, that will give an IP address in the country you require, i.e. Taiwan.

A friend of mine has a US version HTC, and it won't poll any OTA updates in China, unless it's through a VPN into the US.

#4 mikedt, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    tube517 and Hadron like this.
  5. 18pawansharma

18pawansharma Lurker

No it's an Indian version I think. But it has different kernel version from other Indian versions

HTC Desire 820s Forum

The HTC Desire 820s release date was March 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, MT6752 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2015
Release Date
Reviews