1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Updating apps freezes my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yesiamaduck, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Yesiamaduck

Yesiamaduck New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey,

Yesterday I got a notification saying I should update a few of my apps (including Flash, Facebook, Youtube etc. etc.) and as usual I allowed it to. But then something strange happened it started to crash, and now my phone crashes the moment I connect to an internet source (when updating resumes) I've looked but I just can't seem to find a way to cancel these updates! It's infuriating!!! I wan't to be able to use the internet on my phone.

I got a theory that if I can cancel these updates then only have one done at a time it'll stop this as I do have about 15 apps that are trying to update at once. I do have AVG Running which obviously checks updated apps.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    You could try clearing the data/cache in Download Manager, Market and MarketUpdater in Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage application > All.

weemic likes this.
  3. Yesiamaduck

Yesiamaduck New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Done the trick, going to try and update some apps again, hopefully it'll work this time :D Thanks a lot

4. weemic

weemic Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Bigs ups to notebook, what notebook says does work. I have just posted a similar thread. Which i'll close. Cheers!!

Tags: