1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Updating ( Attempts-Obstacles-Solutions)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ali_alashery, Apr 2, 2011.

1. ali_alashery

ali_alashery Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    hey guys

sorry for my english at first

i would to invite everyone who try to update his gt540 to any version to type his/her attempt and what the Obstacles he face is .... and also how is he solve it ?? ............

all that to help anyone to know everything before updating

thanx

Advertisement

2. ali_alashery

ali_alashery Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    nobody!!!!!!!!!

for all ,it's just an idea

3. pyro12345

pyro12345 Member
    None

Jan 9, 2011
    Here's My story.

I got my GT540 for Christmas. Three days after that I saw the official update from 1.6 to 2.1. I followed the LG instructions and that's when all the problems started.

LG update software said the update was successful but my phone was bricked. I looked around a bit and found the non-official KDZ updater.
    Using that updater and the Official ROM downloaded from the net i got my phone to work on 2.1
    I'd like to add that with KDZ, first 2 attempts to update finished but when I booted the phone, all my apps and widgets started force closing. Third time everything was great.

I was using the 2.1 software for almost two weeks when it started to unbearably slow. Reason for that must be the fact that you can't store any apps on the SD card using android v2.1. But then a miracle happened.

I came across this forum that introduced me with Cyanogen Mod 6. I had to reinstall the v2.1 software with a new file that allows me to enter the "fastboot" mode. That went well. At the time I was installing the Cyanogen Mod 6, I had to do it manually. Now all you have to do is plug your phone while in fastboot and run a (don't know the name).exe file. When I booted up the phone first thing I noticed was my LG and Android animations were missing. When my phone finally booted I pinched my self because i thought I was dreaming. Cyanogen was a million times faster with only one thing bothering me. The physical camera button wouldn't take pictures (had to use the one on touch screen).

Three days ago I upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 7. I had to spend some time on it because I had to recover my Boot animations for the "Recovery". Everything went well, system was running flawless, I thought. But the most important application from my phone was missing. The Android Market. Thank god this forum has many helpful members that instructed me on how to recover the market.

Sometimes my friends take my phone and search for bugs just to prove that I shouldn't use custom software but they failed, just like I have when I was trying to find bugs.

ali_alashery likes this.
  4. ali_alashery

ali_alashery Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx for ur time .........

we all are waiting more members to write their stories.