1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Updating EPF21B to latest build of FROYO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pttynan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. pttynan

pttynan New Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Hi guys, been observing these forums for a while, and finally have to ask you for some guidance.

As it stands I'm running EPF21B on my Nexus, and am wanting to take the plunge and unlock my boot-loader and upgrade to the latest froyo build.

First problem I have encountered is that all the tutorials for doing so seem to have dead links to the required files :(. Is there an up to date tutorial with working links that you could point me to?

The second problem, well... query really is if I stick to "stock" roms, when updates are available I can receive them OTA correct?

Regards

P.S hope that I'm posting on the correct Section :)

Advertisement

2. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    CA, USA
    As far as a tutorial with working links, looks like Google took the files off of their servers so none of the ones I used work anymore.

As far as receiving OTA updates: Once you install a custom recovery, you can't get OTA's anymore.

3. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Student
    Houston, TX
    You don't need to root or unlock bootloader to get froyo. I know androidandme.com has the lastest builds in some articles. I'd link them but don't have them. I'm pretty sure those mirrors are still active. If not let me know and I can put them in my dropbox and give you the link.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Tags: