• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Updating EPF21B to latest build of FROYO

pttynan

Lurker
Jul 6, 2010
Hi guys, been observing these forums for a while, and finally have to ask you for some guidance.

As it stands I'm running EPF21B on my Nexus, and am wanting to take the plunge and unlock my boot-loader and upgrade to the latest froyo build.

First problem I have encountered is that all the tutorials for doing so seem to have dead links to the required files :(. Is there an up to date tutorial with working links that you could point me to?

The second problem, well... query really is if I stick to "stock" roms, when updates are available I can receive them OTA correct?

Regards

P.S hope that I'm posting on the correct Section :)

Hi guys, been observing these forums for a while, and finally have to ask you for some guidance.

As it stands I'm running EPF21B on my Nexus, and am wanting to take the plunge and unlock my boot-loader and upgrade to the latest froyo build.

First problem I have encountered is that all the tutorials for doing so seem to have dead links to the required files :(. Is there an up to date tutorial with working links that you could point me to?

The second problem, well... query really is if I stick to "stock" roms, when updates are available I can receive them OTA correct?

Regards

P.S hope that I'm posting on the correct Section :)

You don't need to root or unlock bootloader to get froyo. I know androidandme.com has the lastest builds in some articles. I'd link them but don't have them. I'm pretty sure those mirrors are still active. If not let me know and I can put them in my dropbox and give you the link.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones