1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating EVO questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ventada, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Ventada

Ventada Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Many developers have updated their roms now that voice to text has been fixed. Also, there was recently a radio update as well that I found helped my signal a lot. However, I am not familiar with your ROM in particular because I'm fairly new to this as well. Check recent threads for more information about these.

You are correct that you should never accept an OTA, and its best to just have it so your phone doesnt check for them.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

rxpert88 is correct you should never accept the ota since you are now rooted.

we just had an update a few weeks ago. it is software 4.53.651.1.

basically all an ota consists of is a software update and a radio update. (it might also update your hboot. that is why you should never accept an ota). you can just flash a rom that has the update included.

there is only the stock rooted rom available to flash as of right now but mikg2.5 has a patch that you can just flash and you will be updated. you can get them on the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html

4. Ventada

Ventada Member

How do you update your radios?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

before attempting to update your radios please read this:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...before-you-flash-your-radios-read-thread.html

do not let the warnings scare you, flashing them is pretty easy for the most part. but be aware of what you are getting into when you do do it.

aside from that go to the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html there should be two links. what i recommend is that you flash the radio combo. it should say combo in the op and it should be the very first thing on the page. just download the file and put it on the card. next go into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash it. once that is done then download the second radio on the rom/kernel sticky. and do the same thing. wipe dlvik cache and cache and flash it.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Download and flash the Calkulin's radio.... update from 9/5. This can all be done from recovery.

Do this:

Download
    THIS

Boot to recovery
    Flash radio, pri....combo
    Reboot the phone

DO NOT DO ANYTHING TILL PHONE COMPLETELY REBOOTS

Granite1 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Ventada

Ventada Member

Is it necessary to update my radios if I have never updated them? (I have been rooted since I got my phone. Also what is the difference between a nosbc kernel and a sbc kernel?

8. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

you dont have to update them if you dont want to....not to long ago i believe someone was asking the same thing and they still had radio's from Froyo....

go here and it will explain kernels...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html#post3042066

9. Ventada

Ventada Member

I know about that I just can't find anything on kernels that say "nosbc" my kernel is like 2.3.1netarchy.nosbc....Does the "nosbc" mean that it is not sbc?

10. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

yep

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews