1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating from Victory to Volt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theyfallwherever, Sep 28, 2014.

1. theyfallwherever

I am totally done with my horrible victory, going to go buy the volt today if I can get the information I am looking for here. I have been watching these forums awhile back, maybe a month ago, from what I remember it is still locked on the bootloader? That matter not to me because I can last without a rom. Does anyone know if xposedmodule works on this device? Whats the easiest way to root? I saw a post about a rom but totally lost when it said Z something. Thanks for the help you guys!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Yes, the bootloader is still locked, but we can run cwm recovery via fastboot. When you get your phone, if it is still running v3, you can root with towelroot, or flash the rooted v4 ROM on here. If it's on v4, you'll have to flash back to v3, then either use towelroot and stay there, or flash the rooted v4 ROM. I would suggest going to v4, it uses about 100MB less memory and runs much smoother.

3. theyfallwherever

Alright so I am buying it new so i will assume it will be v4. However how can I flash back to v3? Or do I just plug in and flash that rom without rooting it first via fastboot?

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews