1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Updating my CM7 uSD card, have questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by musicmama, Jun 23, 2011.

1. musicmama

musicmama Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2011
    As the title says, I've already successfully created a CM7 card, complete with dual-boot to emmc. However, it's based on the older CM7 without the cool Nook Tweaks, overclocking, etc. So I'd really like to upgrade but the amount of information available from several sites has me confused.

What I 'think' I'm supposed to do is this:
    -- Get the updated CM7 zip file, dalingrin kernel file, and gapps file from a couple of different locations. (Locations seem to depend on which forum I'm in?)
    -- Put those zip files in the root directory of my CM7 card and reboot into SD/Recovery mode
    -- Select each of the zip files individually and click on them to run
    -- Then get the nook tweaks file from the market and put it somewhere on the card (I think it goes into a different partition?)
    -- Select it and click to run

Is this correct? (I'm posting here because you all seem to be the least judgmental for these kinds of questions). Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I've got my ROM installed in EMMC, but your steps look correct to me.

ROMS:CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution
    You can use either stable or nightly, your choice. On this page the Nook is referred to as an Encore, make sure you get an Encore kernel. You can also download the nightlies from ROM Manager.

Kernels: Index of /~dalingrin/nook/kernels

You can download Gapps from ROM manager. I know there's a link to it somewhere, but I didn't find it in the 30 seconds I allowed for searching.

Nook Color Tweaks is a market app, so just go there to get it.

(place judgmental comment here :) )

musicmama likes this.