1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating The PRI.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Mar 29, 2011.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Okay, so I have done some pretty extensive research on this subject, but I figured I would run it past the folks here anyway. My ultimate goal is to update my PRI, with a letter 'I' and not 'L' to the latest version.

The latest version of the Sprint HTC Hero PRI is version 2.65_003 and it was present in the 2.32.651.2 OTA update. If I restore a Nandroid backup to my stock ROM, I am on 2.27.651.5 and my PRI is version 2.20_003. My question is how do I get my PRI updated to the latest version without having to flash the RUU of the Android 2.1 build 2.31.651.7? Would flashing to something like NFX's 2.32.651.2 ROM update the PRI, and would it stick around, like a radio baseband does, if I flashed to other ROMs? I tried doing the OTA updates on my stock ROM, but they fail because I am on ClockworkMod Recovery. Is there any way to flash the stock recovery back, so these OTA updates will not fail? I would appreciate any help or insight on this. Thanks, in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Try to find PRI and NV files over at xda.

I had to downgrade my PRI and NV on the evo to get certain kernels to play nice with my phone. I flashed em like a rom, one at a time though. Had to boot in between to let them do their thing.

PRI and NV are like radios, they aren't backed up or flashed over with a rom.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the same on the Hero, just sharing my PRI experience with the evo.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Yeah, I was all over xda-developers today trying to find the PRI update. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a flashable version for the Sprint HTC Hero.

If I could flash the stock recovery back, I could probably get the OTA updates to install without a problem. However, I could not find the stock recovery to flash either. I really hope someone can help me out. I appreciate your insight and experience with your Sprint HTC EVO 4G though.

4. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member

The NFXRom won't do it. I tried.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Send Impaler a PM @ XDA, he will be able to help you out, when you say stock Rom, I assume you mean your stock rooted Rom ?? I thought you had that

6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Couldn't you Nandroid, run the Hboot ruu, then update everything, root, restore nandroid back to your starting point?

It would be a giant pain in the ass, but it'd update everything.

7. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member

This is the way I did it. Yes, its a PITA. Also, the .7 RUU reverts to the .27 radio, so you have to update the radio back again. Bottom line, I didn't notice any improvement after doing it. Not sure I know what an update PRI did for me.

I was hoping for improved signal strength. Don't think I got it.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews