1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support updating to 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ponickka, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ponickka

ponickka Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Newb question;

what if i don't do a backup before updating? I don't have much saved on the phone, will i be compromising alot of stuff but not backing up my phone?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Uk, South West
    contacts
    all settings, internet and MMS
    and any saved tx you want
    bookmarks

using the stock backup app, thats all i ever keep, and i use app brain to re sync my apps back to the phone after, ( must download it first tho and sign in with ur google so it remembers wot apps you hav then u can just choose the ones u wanna put back on

3. sparkdroid

sparkdroid Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    You're lucky you don't have anything on your phone to backup. The Backup & Restore app doesn't work that well anyway.

During the update process it pauses and loads a website that has instructions for backing up. It has a QR-code for the updated backup and restore utility so that you can do a backup which should be compatible with the new 2.1 version.

However, when I finished updating and tried to restore, it quit part way through with an error. The error occurred during the Contact portion of the restore.

I finally got it to restore by choosing to restore everything BUT my contacts. Then I restored my contacts separately from the SIM/SD card.

So I would recommend backing up your contacts manually in addition to backing up with the utility.