1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Updating to 2.2 Abroad

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tazlop, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Tazlop

Tazlop Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Hi,

I have a sim-free, unlocked and un-branded HTC Desire and I have yet to have received the update. I am currently holidaying in France with my family. I have a wifi connection with me as well so when I heard from a friend that he had just been updated on a phone bought the same place and as the same spec as mine.
    So I checked manually (and pretty reguarly) and I have yet to recieve any word of an update on my phone.

I decided then to phone HTC at there UK Customer Support line and was met with a very lovely english woman, who I'm pretty sure wasn't abroad. (good on you HTC ) . I explained my situation and she said that they release the update in chunks or block..i.e some at a time. So my problem is most likely that my phone is later on the list

However I suspect it may be because I am France and not in the Uk...anyone else had the same kind of issue or any thoughts ??

Advertisement

2. jokerbb101

jokerbb101 Member

Jul 10, 2010
    UK
    I don't think there is anything to do with you being away from uk. I got my update when I was in Hong Kong. What is your software no. ? Apparently it affects whether you can get the update of not.

3. Tazlop

Tazlop Member

Jun 3, 2010
    It's 1.21.405.2

Tags: